Paging Marty McFly! Your new Toyota Truck is sitting on the floor at SEMA.
The Tacoma Truck Concept is Toyota's modern-take on the 1985 SR5 pickup from the movie Back to the Future, our favorite movie truck.
Toyota's project manager for its SEMA trucks, Warren Victor, said "The Truck Concept is just like the old mid-eighties Toyota truck. It's a 4x4x4: four-wheel-drive with a four-cylinder engine."
While the engine is stock, its off-road running gear isn't. Toyota replaced the Tacoma's independent front suspension with a solid front axle from a Landcruiser, for improved durability and articulation.
In true 80s fashion, the exterior has been painted creme pearl with up-to-date accent stripes. There are also American Racing AR23 wheels, Buchwacker flares, and smiley-face covered KC Daylighter lights.
The interior cloth has a Reagan-era feel (literally) from genuine twenty-year old Recaro cloth seat fabric. "We found it in the corner of a warehouse," said Victor. Nice!
• Cream Pearl Exterior with retro stripes by Focus on Cars
• Brown interior with Recaro fabric by Fast Ed’s Interiors
• Full drivetrain conversion to Landcruiser solid front axle, transfer case, rear axle by Toyota Motorsports Technical Group
• Custom tubular bumpers, roll bar
• Custom front grill by Focus on Cars
• Grant’s Kustoms Rear Roll Pan
• KC Daylighter 6” Off Road lights
• Bushwacker Fender Pocket Style Fender Flares
• American Racing AR-23 wheels
• BF Goodrich All Terrain KO tires