We've been at a sunny and warm location for the past week with a gaggle of V-6 pickup trucks as part of PickupTrucks.com's Annual Physical. For this first year we decided to bring together as many new V-6 pickup trucks as possible to see what kind of shape they're in. We're collecting test information from the track, taking a few measurements, looking at their weight and finding out how their real-world fuel economy compares to their EPA numbers. We even put together a few video reviews you'll see pretty quick.
Depending on how this initial effort goes, the Annual Physical may be something we do every year, choosing a particular segment of pickup trucks each year and testing as many configurations within that segment as possible. We think "checking the temperature" of these trucks each could be quite valuable for someone looking to purchase a pickup or to see how different pickups measure up. We should note that Ford did not have any 2014 V-6 F-150s, Ram could not find us a Pentastar half-ton, nor did Toyota have a Tundra V-6.
We'll have more on what we found out from our 2014 patients coming soon. Stay tuned.
The 2014 Annual Physical patient list:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Double Cab two-wheel drive
- GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Z71 Double Cab four-wheel drive
- Honda Ridgeline Special Edition all-wheel drive
- Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab four-wheel drive
- Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn EcoDiesel four-wheel drive
- Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR two-wheel drive