In a year with winners spanning a wide price range (from $24,000 to just less than $400,000), WardsAuto's annual 10 Best Interiors have been revealed and there are a few surprises. Among the winners named to the list are the impressive Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the Mercedes-Benz S550 and the Rolls-Royce Wraith, but the list also includes entries like the Kia Soul and the Mazda3.
The lone pickup truck this year (and Ward's doesn't select a pickup very often) to make the list is the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, which Ward's identified as playing a significant part in identifying the brand's character "and making it intensely desirable to buyers." Last year's lone pickup truck was the Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn.
Ward's will honor the winning automakers at a ceremony May 21 during the WardsAuto Interior Conference in Dearborn, Mich. The 2014 winners (in alphabetical order) and their respective pricing are below.
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, $71,960
- 2015 Chrysler 200C, $31,470
- 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali, $56,685
- 2014 Hyundai Equus Ultimate, $68,920
- 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited, $37,525
- 2014 Kia Soul+, $24,010
- 2014 Mazda3, $30,415
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S550, $122,895
- 2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith, $372,800
- 2015 Volkswagen GTI, $30,695 (estimate)