Heavy-duty models continue to dominate sales, with buyers gravitating to 2015 Ford Super Dutys and GM’s 2500/3500 pickup trucks. As usual, the Toyota Tacoma is in high demand as well.
Below we list the 10 fastest- and slowest-selling 2014 and 2015 pickups for July, categorized by make, model and cab configuration. Six of the top 10 fastest sellers are HD models that are significantly revised or have upgraded engines; not surprisingly, the outgoing 2014 models are the some of the slowest-selling models. These are the models that may offer buyers some of the best new-truck deals.
Our list reports the average number of days it takes to sell models from the day they arrive on the lot until the final paperwork is signed by a buyer. This is not a days-of-inventory list like you may find on other websites. With lots mostly clear of 2013 models, we look exclusively at 2014 and 2015 models.
For the fastest sellers, we only list vehicles that pass a certain threshold of sales in order to weed out limited editions and others that might skew the numbers or otherwise inaccurately portray popularity. To highlight all slow sellers, slowest sellers have no such threshold.
Fastest-Selling Top 10
- 2014 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab, 16 days on sale
- 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD Crew Cab, 17
- 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD Crew Cab, 18
- 2014 Toyota Tacoma Extended Cab, 18
- 2014 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab, 18
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Regular Cab, 27
- 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 Crew Cab, 28
- 2015 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab, 31
- 2015 Ford F-350 Super Duty Regular Cab, 31
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab, 33
Slowest-Selling Top 10
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Regular Cab, 249
- 2014 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Regular Cab, 219
- 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD Crew Cab, 183
- 2014 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Crew Cab, 180
- 2014 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Crew Cab, 169
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Regular Cab, 158
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab, 149
- 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 HD Crew Cab, 148
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab, 144
- 2014 Nissan Titan Extended Cab, 142