Big-League Pitcher Lives in RV, Tows With Super Duty

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.39.46 AM II

Big-league baseball pitcher Andrew Chafin does things a little differently. Not only does the 27-year-old make an MLB salary as a relief pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, but he chooses to live in his fifth-wheel toy-hauler recreational-vehicle trailer outside Phoenix, where he keeps his "baby" boat, assorted toys, fishing rods, and bow and arrows.

According to The Washington Post, viewers on Saturday of the Fox Sports Arizona segment "Mic'd Up" had the chance to hear Chafin during batting and fielding practice trying to sell his 2012 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali to anyone listening. It certainly qualifies as one of the more interesting ways to sell a pickup truck, but maybe this makes sense given that Chafin has a late-model Ford F-350 FX4 dually with a Power Stroke as his daily driver and tow vehicle. And according to some of the Tweets he received, he broke more than a few hearts of GM fans.

If you wanted to see a guided tour of Chafin's luxury RV, check out the video below.

Photo courtesy Fox Sports Arizona

Comments

Traded a GM truck for a Ford?

If he played football, I'd assume that he took a few too many blows to the head.

papajim: Really ?? Okay--your credibility on this comment panel is bouncing off zero.

I think what may be more interesting to PUTC readers is why did he leave GMC for Ford.

Here comes the mud!

Traded a GM truck for a Ford?

Posted by: papajim | Jul 25, 2017 2:46:03 PM

It's ok Princess, you must respect another man's decisions, this is why your husband wears the wrangler jeans.

Traded a GM truck for a Ford?

Posted by: papajim | Jul 25, 2017 2:46:03 PM

I totally agree. In his defense he does make a MLB salary and can totally afford the repairs on a Ford.

I somehow doubt he bought the truck, trailer, or the boat.

Somehow I knew saying "blows to the head" would get Frank stirring.

Was it the word "head" or was it "blows" Frank?

papajim Franks bf is sure gonna thank you after he gets home HAHAHA!

The article should read, ford donates Super Duty to Chafin as a promotional gift.

Sell a Mexican pickup for a real truck, makes perfect sense.

Somehow I knew saying "blows to the head" would get Frank stirring.

Was it the word "head" or was it "blows" Frank?

Posted by: papajim | Jul 25, 2017 3:22:41 PM

It is you that keeps uttering those words, so get them out of your mouth already.

"he broke more than a few hearts of GM fans."

Judging my the comment section, he broke many girls hearts on PUTC...and my god and old man trannie.

"he broke more than a few hearts of GM fans."

PUTC staff... do yourselves a favor and get rid of this cesspool that you call a comments section.

wonder if the camper is park right next to ball field and how often it moves from locations. All I got is a tour and some flirty behavior. Let see if he gets a Ram next

I can't just imagine him watching the dmax past him on the Hwy,,and said it's ok I have a good radio in my Ford ,,

He goes for the best ford not like garbage motors.

I was a Ford owner once. Never made the mistake again.

Well, lets face it, theres nothing out there really you would want tow with other than Ford. This guy is a classic example, saw how bad GM products are, went to Ford and saw how great and innovative they are.

Stepping up. Enlightenment is never too late. Good for him.

Posted by: Nitro | Jul 26, 2017 7:03:20 AM

Stepping up. Enlightenment is never too late. Good for him.

Posted by: Clint | Jul 26, 2017 7:17:28 AM

Guys, He went from a 2012 GMC to a 1998 designed Superduty. He's going backwards.

Maybe driving the FORD to the stadium and experiencing the Superduty death wobble helps him loosened up before the game.

"he broke more than a few girlie hearts of GM fans."

So a millionaire decides to live in a camper.

Yep,

I'll take advice on what truck I should buy from him...

Kind of like truck shopping based on Toby Keith's recommendation.

I'll pass.

Must be a slow news week based on the lame articles getting dropped on here.

@gms, so sorry you have to defend the outdated GM's

If one considers the cost of that RV and of the truck, the fellow is spending the same amount of cash as that of a new house.

If it makes him and his wife happy, that is all that matters.

If that is his truck in the picture, it isn't an F350. It is an F450. I'd say that the switch from Chevy to Ford was because his trailer is too big for the ratings on a Chevy dually.

@ameteurhour, really? What house? if the truck is 70 and the camper is 70, 140K, yeah ok I can buy that, but the point is, no taxes, and you can go where you want and take the house too.

I thought we covered this. FORD sucks! 2017 Super Dooty,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgLYuI48ifI

@gms, so sorry you have to defend the outdated GM's

Posted by: Nitro | Jul 26, 2017 10:11:01 AM

Nitro, how do you deal with your Superduty death wobble?