Nissan Marks Solar Eclipse With New 2018 Midnight Editions

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Nissan Midnight Eclipse 2 II

Just in time for today's solar eclipse, Nissan revealed three new 2018 Midnight Edition models for its pickup truck lineup at its Nashville headquarters where the eclipse was total.

With these models, Nissan joins other truckmakers in offering a blacked-out trim package. Nissan added Midnight Edition trims to its sedans, crossovers and SUVs for model-year 2017.

Mid-size Midnight Edition Frontiers will be offered only as crew cabs in the SV trim level. It can be had in 4x2 or 4x4 configurations, with color choices of Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic or Glacier White. Midnight Edition Frontiers also will have black aluminum 18-inch wheels, black side steps, body-color bumpers, black mirrors and door handles, and special Midnight Edition floormats.

Midnight Edition Titan half tons also will be offered only as crew cabs in either 4x2 or 4x4 configurations in SV and SL trims. Midnight Edition Titan XD models will be offered only as crew-cab 4x4s in SV or SL trim, and only with the 5.0-liter V-8 Cummins engine.

The full-size Titan and Titan XD will feature the absence of chrome, a black grille and inserts, black rearview mirrors and door handles, dark headlights, dark foglight surrounds, unique badging, 20-inch black aluminum wheels, body-color bumpers and a charcoal interior. They are available in Magnetic Black, Gun Metallic or Pearl White exterior colors.

The 2018 Midnight Edition of the Frontier, Titan and Titan XD will go on sale late this fall, with pricing announced closer to the on-sale date.

Manufacturer images

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Frontier 3 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Frontier 4 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Frontier 6 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Frontier 2 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Nissan Midnight Eclipse II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- Nissan Midnight Eclipse 3 TITAN only II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- TITAN 7 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- TITAN 5 II

Embargoed until Monday Aug 21 at 1158am CT - 1258 ET 958 PT- TITAN 3 II

Comments

The all black thing... they stole a page from chevy.

Looks much better than the strange versions Gm puts out. This one actually looks good.

Good! Good! Let the hate flow through you!

Wonderful....Now all they have to do is figure out why they
can't sell any. Black is nice till it gets dirty. How about dark
Forrest green metallic? How about less weight, more payload,
roof clearance lights, better FE, better driveability and a
larger fuel tank? Nissan has some work to do.

Why roof clearance lights? They don't make a pickup that is 80" or wider. I can't stand seeing anything lower than a 1-ton dually with roof mounted clearance lights; however that said, I can understand the 3/4 ton having them from the big three as the cabs are the same and offers a savings in manufacturing costs. Other than that it just looks really silly, borderline stupid, on a half-ton and especially a compact truck. I've seen them on F150s, Rangers and Tacomas and i just wonder why... but assume it's a pavement princess and the owner is one his way to meet his boyfriend.

"I don't understand why all the truck makers copy each other. How come they don't come with they own ideas. Like FORD."

Posted by: Chingon

B-I-N-G-O !!!!

still waiting for the Ford Ranger

WHY CAN'T FORD BUILD A TRUCK THAT IS RELIABLE ?
INSTEAD THEY MAKE VERY,VERY LOW QUALITY CRAP.
JUST MY THOUGHT...HAHAHAHAHA

WHY CAN'T FORD BUILD A TRUCK THAT IS RELIABLE ?
INSTEAD THEY MAKE VERY,VERY LOW QUALITY CRAP.
JUST MY THOUGHT...HAHAHAHAHA

"I don't understand .........
Posted by: Chingon

B-I-N-G-O !!!!

Posted by: redbloodedxy | Aug 21, 2017 2:37:34 PM

You two agree on something.

Black dos'nt show the fly poop!

HAHA, I'M A MORON.
cOME OVER WITH ME - redbloodedxy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

How come they don't come with they own ideas. Like FORD.

Posted by: Chingon | Aug 21, 2017 2:28:18 PM

Where is Ford's rear bumper corner steps.
Where is Ford's version of on-star.
Where is Ford's most powerful in the segment gas and diesel v8 engines.
Where is Ford's power side steps that allows easier access to the front of the truck box.
Where is Ford's midsize trucks.

Posted by: Nitro | Aug 21, 2017 12:55:35 PM

I see a Silverado Dmax black edition with the functional hood scoop cruising around town quit often. I'm sure you drool at the mention of such a truck.

quite often.

Posted by: Nitro | Aug 21, 2017 12:55:35 PM

I think you just like the rainbow wheel wells.

I think you just like the rainbow wheel wells.

Posted by: Brick | Aug 21, 2017 4:09:00 PM

Funny you say this because every Chevy I see with a 6 inch lift and square wheel wells can only fit 33s because it hits the bumper

My F250 fits 35s, STOCK!!!

Looks pretty good, although the midnight additions are getting a bit overdone. They used to be unique now everybody's got one and people want something new.

@Frank, MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOUR'S SO HAHAHAHAHAH

@Frank, MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOUR'S SO HAHAHAHAHAH

@Frank, MINE'S BIGGER THAN YOUR'S SO HAHAHAHAHAH

HA!

Nice trucks...they all look good in black...but a real bitch to keep clean though...

@ every GARBAGE MOTORS fan girlys . I Just wanna let everybody know that FRANK AND REDBLOODYDEDXY and myself included are not the same person I live in California. And I don't even know them. So F**ck GARBAGE MOTORS AND ALL OF THEIR FANS. PURO PINCHE FORD A LA GARBAGE MOTORS. AND I KNOW JENNY DITHO IS POSTING UNDER MY USERNAME AND PURO CALIFAS.

Just like the eclipse people only give a crap about Nissan once every decade. Let me know when I can get one with an 8' long bed and king cab. Until then I don't care for any "style" editions.

Northern Dave- roof clearance lights look good. It's just a
matter of taste. The 80" part- I don't get the connection.
I've always liked the way they look on a pickup, even the
smaller ones like the XD. They'd look horrible on a Suburban.
And the XD still needs a sunroof.
Nissan claims the weight of the glass would detract from the
already meager payload. Then again, why does an XD weigh
7,200 lbs???? Allegedly, the 2018 is going on a major diet,
along with a facial tweak, suspension changes and a few other
things. It's all good. Eventually, they'll get it right.

Actually this truck is nicer than the twins version, great job

The weight is fine. The XD is a truck for towing, more weight equals more stability fully loaded.

I've pulled 9k with my gas XD and it was not getting pushed around at all.

The clearance lights make sense, the XD is every bit as tall as an F 250. It's tight in some parking structures.

Glacier and Pearl White are odd colors for a Midnight edition.
Sharp looking trucks though.

It's a DOT regulation, any vehicle that is 80" or wider requires clearance lights. If the trailer is 80" or wider then the trailer requires the lights, not the tow vehicle. Unless you have a dual wheeled pick up (keeping it to pickups) then they are not required/needed.

I agree on the sun roof, i was hoping they would add one, the 2018s are not out yet so there is still hope. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2017 XD as they are not selling well in New England. Some dealers had over 16k off the MSRP of the Platinum Reserve trim. That would have been a great time to buy, but if i'm spending that much money on a vehicle... i want a sun roof too...

Nothern Dave,
Well, I live on Long Island and XD's are few and far between.
Lets see what the '18's look like. At least when Ford tries
to muscle in on the 'tweener size, the XD will have all the
experience.

A 8 foot bed would be nice but the re-engineering would be too much. Just imagine a 2018 XD Pro4X, King Cab, 6.5 foot bed and a dually rear, proportionally sized.....that might look
better than you think. And maybe Cummins can bump up the 5.0l's numbers a bit also. I know, wishful thinking.

My F250 fits 35s, STOCK!!!

Posted by: Frank | Aug 21, 2017 5:43:51 PM

Yeah most Fords end up sitting on 35 blocks.

Black no thanks!!!!!!

My F250 fits 35s, STOCK!!!
Posted by: Frank | Aug 21, 2017 5:43:51 PM

LOL seems like every Ford I see has a body lift.

its better looking then a ugly chevy