FCA Offers Huge Discounts on Canadian 2017 Ram 1500s

2018 Ram 1500 Lone Star Silver II

If you live north of the border and are in the market for a new pickup truck, now is the time to get to a Canadian Ram dealer. Last year Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, parent company of Ram, built a lot of 2017 Ram 1500 pickups and dumped them on dealer lots — trucks that have gone unsold well into 2018.

Now FCA is putting massive cash on the hood for those models, offering 25 percent off the MSRP, or what we call the sticker price. That means some Rams can see $20,000 or more in Canadian dollars off the sticker price. One Canadian dealer told PickupTrucks.com that FCA employees or people with the employee discount can see 25 percent off their already discounted cost. "We had one Laramie Longhorn buyer get almost $21,000 [all prices are in Canadian dollars] off the price of their new truck," the dealer said, "and another guy with the discount saw $29,000 off the price." The Canadian dollar is currently valued at about 77 cents in the U.S., meaning the discounts aren't quite as impressive in American currency, but they're still huge.

There aren't too many of these 2017s left in Canada, and they're going fast thanks to the giant discounts. If you're an American interested in this deal, you can still buy one — but check with your state motor vehicle department to make sure it's legal to register it in the U.S. The sales tax situation might be a little tricky as well.

Another caveat: FCA will not honor the new-vehicle warranty if you live in the U.S. and buy a Canadian truck, not unless you physically move residences while owning the truck. A third-party aftermarket warranty may work, however, depending on that company's terms and restrictions. Do your homework before signing on any dotted line or consult with a Canadian dealer experienced in cross-border sales.

Manufacturer images

2018 Ram Big Horn EcoDiesel II

Comments

That’s fantastic for the FIAT TRUCKS FANS.

Besides the ram is at the bottom of the truck market no wonder they are giving big discounts and because the new ram it’s coming out.

Still not worth it

Ask yourself:
Is the Ram 1500 worth $6000 to $10,000 More Money than the F-150 ?

Take a look at used Ram 1500's , they have the worst resale value of ANY truck. Dealers don't even want your Ram as a trade-in cause they can't sell them.

You can get a used 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab with less than 30K miles for $20K to $24K tops where a same equip F-150 is selling for $34 to $38K

look up the used prices yourself, go to NADA and look at the prices, the F-150 has the best resale value of any full size
(The Tacoma and Ridgeline have a better resale - but they are NOT full size trucks)

I'd rather be seen driving a rusty old RAM full of horse manure than a brand new Ford full of hundred dollar bills.

Wow, I got $12K off my GMC with a 6.2L SLT Premium Plus Package. That's loaded to the gills with everything but a sunroof. I don't ever use sunroof, so I was pleased the $1000 sunroof wasn't on there.
Could you imagine getting over $15k/or more off of a new Ram. I still like the looks off their Sport models. The colored fascia, bumpers, and sport seating make it a nice combo. I drove one and loved how well the 8 spd shifted.
If you find one, it would make my deal look silly!! Good luck to anyone out there looking into a new Ram. Let us know what you find out!

Ram almost got me back in 2011. I had priced out a Ram sport with all the bells and whistles, nice truck. It was nearly $4,000.00 less than the Silverado LTZ that I eventually bought. The Silverado turned out to be trouble free except it would use a liter of oil every 3500 k. Basically I would have to add 1 liter between oil changes. Had I bought the Ram I would have got caught up in that whole Ram recall buy back fiasco. My advise, always buy GM.

Look, Ram had to change the pattern and did just in time. They were way long in the tooth, looked out of date and didn't haul worth a darn. I could go on, but let's just say they are saving their life with this new truck. Let em fire sale what's left and get on with the new age of trucks.

Haven't had a bit of trouble out of my 2015 Ram after 75,000 miles. Haters gonna hate.

I want to trade in my F150 for a Ram.
I’m getting tired of pushing my F150 around.
Piece of junk never runs good.

"The Silverado turned out to be trouble free except it would use a liter of oil every 3500 k. Basically I would have to add 1 liter between oil changes."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your definition and my definition of "trouble free" are quite different!

Posted by: papajim | Mar 22, 2018 3:07:37 PM

That would be a great place for all of your horse manure comments. Good idea. Remember no one wants to see (or hear from) you anyway!

Wow, I got $12K off my GMC with a 6.2L SLT Premium Plus Package.

Posted by: TNTGMC | Mar 22, 2018 3:41:57 PM

Congrats man, excellent choice. I have the 6.2 and I assure you that you're gonna love that engine.

hate hate hate hate hate...
No I don't "hate" products, dude.
I'm a consumer that could see the handwriting. I even rented some Rams and just thought they were falling behind.
So, they have a new truck coming that looks good on the web.
Let's see how it does when butts hit the seat.

papajims comment just shows that he is completely irrational and biased. no rational person would say that. Even if ford did everything right and built a truck that was better in every way, it might not change the mind of an irrational person like papajim. I for one have had mostly good success with my fords and one really bad experience with a dodge, but I'd still probably buy another one if the price was low enough compared to a ford or chevy.

notice?
all those pictures of the Ram show the fake plastic chrome hubcaps

tell me? don't you want REAL alloy chrome wheels instead of plastic hubcaps?
If you're paying $40,000 + for any vehicle shouldn't have REAL metal chrome wheels instead of cheap plastic hubcaps?
fake chrome lug nuts
just looks cheap

$29,000.00 off the price of a new truck? I'd hate to be trying to trade or sell a used Ram these days. The deep discounts on new Rams are killing the value of used ones. Great news for new buyers, but horrible news for loyal Ram buyers who bought before this fire sale.

If you're Canadian and want a new Fiat truck now is the time.

Agreed @ used.
Some guys are driving a 2 month old truck they now know was grossly overpriced.

Will the new tariffs apply to private buyers bringing these into the US, sans warranty? Deal breaker.

but I'd still probably buy another one [RAM] if the price was low enough compared to a ford or chevy....Posted by: beebe | Mar 22, 2018

So, Beebe, I guess that's your way of saying you basically agree with Papajim?

@Tony,

Dang, that’s classic.

@Tony,

Dang, that’s classic.

@ GMRGREAT

Sounds like your 5.3l had oil consumption issue with AFM. Why didn't you take it to dealership and get it fixed under warranty? I know GM was a stickler on it, but if you pressed your dealership and if its a good dealership they would have taken care of it for you?? Guy here at work just had his torn down last spring with 62K and they put whole new engine in for him.

@papajim

I don't understand why you always grossly misinterpret what I say. A RATIONAL person looks at what they get for the price and then makes a decision from there. I believe ram trucks are inferior, but they are not 25,000 dollars inferior to a comparably equipped ford. Yes I would probably take another chance on a ram if it was 10 to 15 thousand less than a comparably equipped ford But you would rather drive a truck coated in manure than a ford full of money? That's ridiculous.

you would rather drive a truck coated in manure than a ford full of money? That's ridiculous...Posted by: beebe | Mar 23, 2018

@Beebe

You need to get to town more often.

It's called rhetoric! A figure of speech. A manner of speaking.

For the record:

The last time I drove a truck full of manure was in the 1970s, and it was an International Harvester, not RAM

Posted by: TNTGMC | Mar 23, 2018 12:34:30 PM

Having to add 1 liter of engine oil every 3500 k isn't a oil consumption problem. Every 1000 k would certainly be considered a problem. All piston engines consume oil to some degree or otherwise it would wear out very quickly or more likely seize. With respect to my engine, no dealer in NA would tear that engine down for that rate of consumption.

Your definition and my definition of "trouble free" are quite different!

Posted by: Tony | Mar 22, 2018 8:34:24 PM

My definition of trouble would include being stranded on the side of the road with a failed timing chain or water logged throttle body sensor.

ut oh!
when driving my Ram 1500 I reached over to turn the radio volume down and I turned the dial shifter by mistake by shifting it into reverse while moving

hope I didn't destroy the transmission

GM,Ford,RAM are all the same price !

$22,000 off msrp of $93,000 !!!!!

RAM 1500 Sport in Canada are on sale for $59,600 !!

Ford,GM trucks are all priced the same.

@ Ecoboost Rules,

I searched all over even e bay and the same trim level of Ford,GM,RAM are all the same price not the big price like you say..

FYI : I own a multi make used car dealer and sell trucks and know the market..

I can find F 150's cheaper than a F 150..

FYI a Quad Cab isnt a Crew Cab F 150,the Quad would be lower as it competes with the extra cab Ford..

PRICES ON CANADIAN RAM TRUCKS HAVE A RAISED MSRP !!

$73,000 FOR A QUAD CAB SPORT !!

$20,000 OFF IS FOR DIESEL 3500'S THAT ARE OVER $100,000 MSRP !

GM,FORD,RAM ARE ALL PRICED THE SAME,EVEN F 150'S CAN BE HAD CHEAPER THAN A RAM !

FORD IS THE CHEAPEST TRUCK THEN GM THEN RAM !

That's my bad......miss read your post. I thought you said you had to put a quart of oil in it. No, you had nothing to worry about then! Posted by: TNTGMC | Mar 23, 2018 3:02:51 PM

Lol what? A liter is actually larger than a quart, FYI. And I would definitely be concerned if my truck used a quart of oil every 2000 miles. That is not normal! But on the other hand, I don't own a GM so maybe my standards are simply too high.

Oops.. I meant more than.... Dang smartphone.....

Gm considers a quart of consumption OK....in my book its not and I would fight it to get fixed!! That's what guy at work was consuming more than a quart. They tore it down and realized would cost more to rebuild than just drop a new motor in.

Non of my GM vehicles have used oil. My father and I check them eveytime we change oil. His 98 uses about 1/2 quart every 3k miles but it also has almost 300k miles on it now.

I proof read this post.... My bad boys.

Posted by: Curt | Mar 23, 2018 3:47:42 PM

As I said earlier, adding 1 liter of oil between oil changes isn't a problem. I had the truck for 4 years and the problem didn't worsen so why have the engine torn apart for that. Had I kept that truck and the condition worsened considerably I would have addressed it under the warranty.

@Ecoboost Rules
ut oh!
hope I didn't destroy the transmission

Posted by: Ecoboost Rules | Mar 23, 2018

if you can't tell the difference between the two then you should not be driving.
This one puts you right up there with Chingon./Frank.
I bet if Ford came out with that you would think it's the best thing ever.

I was driving my f150 and reached over to grab my beer and accidently hit the center console shifter and pushed it into park !
What a dumb place to put a shifter... LOL

Shifted into reverse by mistake. One of the more dumb comments I have seen.

Well same mpg as brand new 2019s that are lighter, more aero etc...

What the heck

On a F-150 the gear shift linkage is a real metal rod with a mechanical connection to the transmission.
On the Ram it's a cheap plastic electrical switch that's wired to solenoids on the transmission, (no mechanical connection)

even my cheap $5000 ATV has a real mechanical gear shift linkage direct to the transmission

The Ram truck reeks of cheap-cheap-cheap all over! From the cheap plastic chrome hubcaps to the cheap rear coil springs.

cheap-cheap-cheap-cheap-cheap

Mr Information

Here in my area we have the biggest volume used dealer almost in the country, at least in NE US

www.blueknobauto.com

just look at the BIG difference in prices how much LESS the Ram sells compared to the F-150 and even the Silverado

Mr Information

I looked up the prices on used Ram 1500 trucks for you

2018 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4, leather, 13K miles $28,499

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 , 27K miles $28,999

2018 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 , 27K miles , $26,499

think about it: less than a year ago we know someone paid close to $50K for the Laramie and Rebel and the used ones are priced almost the same as the lowly SLT model

Once again why do you need a shift lever to move a switch. Second I do not believe you could put the transmission in reverse while in motion. You are saying a real mans truck has a shift lever, Dumb comment. What would a lever do for you with a ten speed anyway.

Posted by: Ecoboost Rules | Mar 24, 2018 1:04:32 AM

SO YOUR SAYING THIS WORKS BETTER ? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Daren

I like to feel like I am driving a big semi truck, 18 wheeler when driving my F-150
I like to feel my truck is bigger and owns the road and I am better skilled to drive a truck than a woman driving a compact SUV.
That "Dial Shifter" is for girly men
As a real man I like to watch the muscles flex in my arm as I move a REAL shifter lever.

ohh-ohh how cute, you can use your little pinky finger to move the "dial lever" aggggggh how sweet

Ford and Chevy dont even compete with my Ram power wagon with best in class horse power and capability. lol

Luv that Hemi power, http://motor-junkie.com/chryslers-legendary-hemi-v8-engine-full-history/4937

Posted by: Ecoboost Rules | Mar 25, 2018 3:41:49 AM

Maybe you should stop by your local Ford dealer and get the latest audio of Mustang V8's to play in your V6. lol

My console shifter has an "S" button that will kick your butt up and down main street. Thats why I like my console shifter. hehehehe

@ hemi v8

Hate to break it to u but your hemi really isn't a hemi.... And GMs small block V8 makes more power!!!

That "Dial Shifter" is for girly men

Posted by: Ecoboost Rules | Mar 25, 2018 3:41:49 AM

@Ecoboost
You are hilarious. Do you know that most big rigs and dump trucks have automatic transmissions with tiny little shifters and some are push buttons.
So your Ford is way behind in technology. I'm sure they will copy soon then you Ford fan will think it's the best thing "Ford invented".