2019 Ram 1500 Limited Gets Best Interior Nod From WardsAuto

Ccl_6175jpg_38963984114_o

After evaluating 40 all-new or significantly upgraded interiors on 2018 and 2019 vehicles, WardsAuto.com has named the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited to its annual best interiors list.

The Ram 1500 Limited is the only pickup truck and one of three big trucks on Wards 10 Best Interiors list; the other two trucks are the all-new Lincoln Navigator and Land Rover Range Rover Velar three-row SUVs. Among the standout features mentioned by the judges were the Ram 1500 Limited's Indigo/Frost interior accents and cloth-mimicking dashboard surfaces, as well as the distressed-metal trim swirls on the speaker grilles. In addition, the judges found the massive color 12-inch touchscreen's reconfigurable images and easy-to-navigate graphics a key reason for the interior scoring so well.

"Starting with the eye-catching 12-inch touchscreen that dominates the instrument panel, the 2019 Ram 1500 shows the world what is possible inside a full-size pickup truck," Drew Winter, senior content director for WardsAuto/Informa, said in a statement. "In addition to the ultra-sophisticated electronics, the materials and design details in the Limited and Laramie Longhorn editions would be at home in a luxury car costing six figures. And on top of that are dozens of surprise and delight features that turn the Ram 1500 into a lifestyle vehicle for many different — and fun — lifestyles."

Here's the full list of 2018 winners in alphabetical order:

The winners will be honored May 30 at the WardsAuto Interior Conference in Detroit's Cobo Center.

Cars.com photos by Christian Lantry

RM019_073FN II

Comments

Went out and looked at the new '19's yesterday at a local dealer. They had at least 20 of them. Was a bit disappointed there were no hybrids to be found, just plain Hemis.
The truck itself though is pretty freaking gorgeous.

Didn't see a truck sporting the larger 12" screen either.

With the production issues Ram is currently dealing with, along with less sales this year from both old and new truck, it's not surprising that a lot of the options are not on the lots yet.

Also not good to hear there is a lot of 2500 2019 ram 1500's waiting to be repaired due to "electrical problems."

This is not starting out in a way that makes me confident these vehicles will improve on the old models from a quality standpoint, but that has not been Sergio's forte anyway....

Electrical problems huh?? Well I said it at the beginning. Anyone wanting the huge 12 inch is asking for problems/gremlins down the road!! If they are having problems now, just think how many they will have once warranty goes out!!

No thanks!!

Not a single vehicle from Ford on that list? Not surprising. LOL

Not a single vehicle from Ford on that list? Not surprising. LOL
Posted by: Ex | Apr 30, 2018

@Ex

Before pressing the button, it's a good idea to double check.

Last time I checked the Lincoln Navigator was a Ford Expedition with some Dearborn marketing lipstick.

Looking at that dashboard, I can't imagine all the wiring harnesses bending, twisting and connecting all over the place.
The more connectors there are, the more chances of circuit issues.
I've been in electrical/electronic repairs for 50 years. Todays
trucks are a morass of cabling that would make any tech pull his hair out. And they wonder why they're having production issues?
Gauges, sensors, software, switches, dials, screens....and each
year, it only gets worse. Ram is no better or worse then anyone else. That dashboard light show looks good till das blinkin light goes out. Then, the fun begins...

Not a single vehicle from Ford on that list? Not surprising. LOL

Posted by: Ex | Apr 30, 2018 2:17:18 PM
——————————-

Lincoln is a division of the Ford Motor Company.

What’s more obvious is you’re wishing there was an edit feature on PUTC forums.

The RAM in the picture above sure looks pretty.

Not surprising there is no GM V-8 on Wards “ These are the 10 best engines in the world “ list.

And 1/5th on that lists are Ford engines. Ford 5.0 liter, DOHC V8, and the 2.7-liter, Twin-Turbo EcoBoost V6.

Ford has twice as many engines on the list that’s than it’s competitors

Posted by: papajim | Apr 30, 2018 2:28:59 PM
——————————

Just like the Chevy Escalade. Errr I mean Cadillac Tahoe.

You got to be kidding me !
Look at that dial shifter ! it's disgraceful, embarrassing !

Just like the Chevy Escalade. Errr I mean Cadillac Tahoe.

Posted by: GMBailout | Apr 30, 2018 3:31:43 PM

Just remember, no matter what the manufacturer, their top model will always be referred to as their Cadillac. Eg. The Navigator is Ford's Cadillac version of their Expedition. HAHAHA!

If a 2.7 or a 5.0/is on that list instead of a 5.3 or 6.2, then I have no respect for the Wards list. Thats laughable. I have owned both engines and my family is huge ford fans and I have driven both of those. Neither Ford engine listed performs better than a 6.2 and the 5.3 gets way better mpgs than both! Especially the 5.0. Its a good engine but you can tell Ford has that engine high strung more for performance than mpgs...

The new ram looks boring outside and the dash inside looks like a cluster F of teeny buttons surrounding that yawing mass in the center like galaxies surrounding a black hole. It'll look especially true when the it invariably breaks (Chrysler's job#1 is job security).

Anyway, it looks weird and complicated but still boring. Like if Apple designed Optimus Prime. You want a real nice interior? I think the Tundra 1794 leather looks amazing and I hate Toyota!

RAM has the best interior, other interiors looks very dated , I agree with jury.

Ram does have the best interior, I would get a Laramie with the 8.4 screen. The 12 inch looks cool but I’d rather have some mobs and buttons for quick use.

If you don't like the dial shift then give up your Air conditioning, Power steering and Brakes. How about some lock out hubs while were at it. Lets get back to real He-Man trucks.

Way better looking then junky cheap plastic Ford interiors.

Technology is an awesome thing. I cant wait to get mine. Going in to order my 19 on Friday night! After looking at all of them, the Ram was by far the best.

-CT

@ CT

What trim u going with? U going to get the 12 inch screen? Details!! Good luck with your purchase

That is an elegant interior with the finest materials and ergonomics. I would expect nothing but the best from RAM trucks!

-HR

GUTS

GLORY

CLASS LEADING 2019 RAM

@ HR

What are you class leading in???

HP---NOPE

TQ---NOPE

Sales---NOPE

I looked at the 2019 Rams at the Austin auto show a few weeks ago and, it's a nice looking truck. I think the leather feels the best of the big three and the rear seat room is huge. I didn't care for the huge screen at all and I still hate that dial shifter.

@TNT

“ If a 2.7 or a 5.0/is on that list instead of a 5.3 or 6.2, then I have no respect for the Wards list “
————————————-

What makes you think the 2.7 EB and 5.0 are on Wards 10 Best instead of GM 5.3 or 6.2? Why one or the other? Why not the Ford engines and the GM engine on the list? Your biase is disgusting.

@ HR

What are you class leading in???

HP---NOPE

TQ---NOPE

Sales---NOPE

Posted by: TNTGMC | May 1, 2018 11:00:27 AM

Class leading in BEST ALL AROUND and most appealing pickup. That is something that GM and Ford DO NOT have!!

-HR

TNT-undecided as of today, but leaning towards Laramie CC, 5.7L or Big Horn Texas 5.7L. Yes interior will be blinged.

-CT

-HR
————————————-

Your opinion is not a fact. That’s called fake news

Your opinion is not a fact. That’s called fake news

Posted by: GMBailout | May 1, 2018 1:00:55 PM

You must have pickled your brain on the Ford Ego Boost Kool-Aid.

-HR

-CT

Posted by: crunchtime | May 1, 2018 7:03:13 AM

If technology is your thing then you should wait for the more powerful and fuel efficient GMC Denali release latter this year. Hey, if you like flashing check engine, service transmission and ABS lights, by all means get the RAM.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | May 1, 2018 1:37:15 PM

You are completely off base here! Just wait and see. RAM will overtake GM before it's all said and done. Ford will be next!!

GUTS

GLORY

FIRST IN DIAL SHIFTERS

RAM

You must have pickled your brain on the Ford Ego Boost Kool-Aid.

-HR
———————————

My SD has a 6.2 that walks all over the 6.4 in the HD RAM.

My SD has a 6.2 that walks all over the 6.4 in the HD RAM.

Posted by: GMBailout | May 1, 2018 1:51:16 PM

Spoken like a true Blue Oval fan. Their mouth runs better than their truck does!

-HR

GMS, I already made my decision based on going out and checking all these trucks out. I did drive the Denali, but am not a fan of GMC trucks. I am not going to wait for something that I already do not like. Not say they are bad by any means, but after driving and seeing the new Ram, the GM brothers are now a distant memory. I do not buy trucks for fuel efficiency. technology is great and GM is known for being behind everyone else when it comes to technology.

-CT

@ CT

Congrats and good luck on the RAM

@ HR

Your opinion is your opinion, but your 6.4L will not beat a Ford 6.2L! I'm not a Ford fan either but they are workhorses! I've said it time and time again Ford should have invested big money into that engine instead of the junk ecobusts!!

Here is article!

@ Bailout

Bc you stated that those 2 engines were on the list. and GM wasn't. So i just stated that if those 2 are on their on Gms weren't, its laughable.

Neither Ford engine is better than GM's 2 v8s....thats not biased...thats common sense.....geezzz

@ TNTGMC

Fords 5.0L is head and shoulders better than the GM 5.3L

-CT

Posted by: crunchtime | May 1, 2018 1:57:38 PM

Do your hemi have direct injection, or is that not considered technology in your world?

@ bailout

Heads and shoulders?? Now who is the biased one. My old 5.3L in my 17 sierra got 5 to 6 mpgs better than my nephews best friends 5.0L. Plus when I races him it was neck and neck. U are highly mislead! The 5.0 is a good motor but the 5.3L has been around the block way more times and has a PROVEN heritage since 1999...your 5.0/since??? 2011!! 19years to 7...I'll take the proven motor

Ya everyone has a cousins, brothers niece best friend story....

You take the proven to get walked all over by a 2.7L EB, let alone the 5.0L, 5.3L?

Bravo. You enjoy being a runner up

Runner up??? The 5.3L is a way better motor than either one of those motors.....and won't get walked on!!! I should know i had one...you don't know BC u have nothing... Oh sorry a ford 6.2 that ford ABANDONED in their f150s!!! So who is runner up???

I'll take my 6.2L and run circles around u and out pull that 6.2 from ford any day

I have 420 HP...u have 385!!
I have 460/TQ...u have 405!! Maybe 430 if u own a 17

So who is running behind?? And I do it all and still get 21/mpgs will u might squeeze out 17!!! Now thats funny!!!//

You sure are upset that a GM V8 was not on Wards 10 Best Engines List.

Go wipe your snotty nose and biased tears

Great come back... Sore loser

Actually it’s GM that is the loser ( no V8 on Wards 10 Best Engines ) and you’re just plain old sore.

I'm just fine BC I have the most powerful fuel efficient v8 on the market and u don't..... Lmfao!!

Your feeble 6.2L isn’t robust enough for HD work. That’s the market I play in. GMVis the weakest in the big boy market.

Keep telling yourself that! If it makes u sleep better!!! If I recall...your Boss engine..lol. Couldn't hold up against the GMs 6.2L when it had 411 HP in the 150s...your anaemic 385 is laughable!! Again it got pushed asaide for a TT 3.5L.....that says it all!!!

Just how many people who buy a truck are looking at racing them? Acceleration is important and so are service and reliability but how many of us go drag racing in our trucks? Some people never grow up. I do like the interiors in the Ram Laramies they are among the nicest of any comparable to luxury cars.

STOP USING MY NAME, CRUNCH TIME... YOU AZZHAT!!!

YOU AREN'T GOING TO BUY A NEW RAM ANY MORE THAN THE MAN IN THE MOON!!! YOU ARE NOT WORTHY ENOUGH TO OWN THE BEST TRUCK IN THE INDUSTRY!!