2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado Pickups: Recall Alert

2015-Chevrolet-Silverado-3500

By Patrick Masterson

Vehicles Affected: Model-year 2015-16 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks are part of a recall affecting approximately 23,000 vehicles; the recall includes Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service SUVs

The Problem: The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle, causing the cable to fatigue and separate. If the cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained, increasing their risk of injury in the event of a crash.

The Fix: Dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side shield for free.

What Owners Should Do: Chevrolet manufacturer GM did immediately announce an owner-notification schedule. Owners can call the automaker at 800-222-1020, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or visit its website to check their vehicle identification number and learn more.

Need to Find a Dealer for Service? Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find your local dealer. Click here to schedule a free recall repair at your local dealership.

Manufacturer image

Comments

@ Bad Aroma

Last night we had a great Fiesta! Great food , great music, and great people.

Thanks for asking.

@ Bad Aroma.

CNC machine shop is office work? You are clueless

@ Harvey Wards office city halfwit

Wow, I'm glad you had fun in your fiesta! Lol! And your trying to tell me about real world truck activities hauling to the jobsite! You should get a truck and try it sometime!

This is a truck website bud! Wards clueless

People like you use trucks as grocery getters...or headed to the office lol

@ Bad Aroma.

Its truck website. What’s with your infatuation with offlce work? Seems like you’re jealous of people that work in an office environment. Makes sense, you being a dirt farmer in Australia and all.

@ Bad Aroma

People like you use trucks as grocery getters...or headed to the office lol

Posted by: BA | May 26, 2018 7:28:19 PM
——————————-

Why your concern? Why such focus on what others do? It’s rather creepy your infatuation of others.

No I actually use trucks everyday for all the reasons you've already stated. That's my infatuation, halfwit office guys who think they know trucks. Let me know when you get one for yourself. By the way, it's the Colorado Rocky Mountains bud! Same place where most of these PUTC comparisons take place, not in the city! Have fun at the office with the other lady's

Wow again giving yourself up as a grocery getting office boy who thinks they know trucks and act tough on a website! Get a real job and a truck! I'm talking about You!

Looks like I a stalker.

GMS - if you have supporting evidence please post the link.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 26, 2018 1:09:15 PM

You don't need a link, use your head.

Are you a women?? Only women make stalker comments, sorry I apologize!

I guess Harvey is a unisex name, again I apologize lol

Harvey broke BA, the Australian dirt farmer ( now that was funny ). BA is broken junk like Ford.

Johnny doe sounds like a women too!

Sorry I thought real men with trucks posted comments on this site. Harvey admitted not having a truck, nor does she work with trucks! Crazy!

Let me guess Johnny Doe carpools with you in the fiesta and works in the next cubical

WOW
This is so sad.!!!
Harvey stop posting. You've been arguing with a few different people on here. What's the common denominator? Harvey.!!!

@ what the heck

You have no authority to tell others what to do or not to do.

So suck it up.

It’s a proven fact Ford full-size outsells Cheverolet full-size...the complete opposite of GMSLIES statement

Your ignorance and silence on that is comical
Posted by: Harvey | May 26, 2018 5:32:54 PM

Congratulations, your favorite *brand* sold more than one of GM's two brands of trucks. Doesn't change the fact that GM is the kind of pickup trucks, selling MORE trucks, built tougher and more durable than the popcan pickups Ford claims are "military grade".

Amazing number of recalls out of GM lately.
Posted by: Sierra | May 25, 2018 8:02:50 PM

A seatbelt anchor and a recall for a fire extinguisher. Pales in comparison to recalls coming out of FCA and Ford over the last year. And if Ford finally recalled some of the most dangerous defects, the volume of recalls would be even worse for Ford.

They just made the right decision of recalling this truck. Of course the safety must be the top most priority of vehicle manufacturers. It is highly important as well to ensure that the cash for trucks spent don't go to waste.

the number one recalled is Ford! Look it up

Amazing number of recalls out of GM lately.
Posted by: Sierra | May 25, 2018 8:02:50 PM

That's because statistically speaking, GM is above average in voluntary recalls. No matter how small or insignificant. The last GM recall was for fire extinguishers supplied with GM vehicles, that were manufactured by a 3rd party. The only reason hose fire extinguishers were supplied with GM trucks was in case the customer happened to roll up on a Ford fire on the side of the road.

Posted by: Brawndo | May 26, 2018 2:28:40 AM

———

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Did Frank add another username?

I really get my rocks off when I meet office guys
Posted by: BA | May 26, 2018

@BA

You haven't been doing this very long have you? The commenters on the PUTC site generally will not be kind to a guy who makes statements like the above.

You must be just like Ms. Harvey, another officebitch thinks they know trucks! Pathetic, That was a nice edit on my post by the way PapaJoke!!

What would this Cheesy Message Board be without the Whine?

Metal Fatigue is the arch nemesis for anything in a moving environment.
This one is caused by the driver. Ingress/Egress. Hard to test in a lab so the real world tester (owner) is burdened with the R&D.
Or opt to buy 3yr old trucks w/50K mi.

Question: Why is it just the driver's belt?
Answer: Americans mostly Deadhead.

Everyone take the day off tomorrow! Hoist your flags, relax and burn some meat!

R.I.P. Allen Bean.
Moon Walker, Pilot & one of the fortunate, undaunted few.

Oops: Alan Bean.

GMS - if you have supporting evidence please post the link.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 26, 2018 1:09:15 PM

You don't need a link, use your head.
Posted by: GMSRGREAT

@GMS
Thank you for confirming that you were just flapping your lips.

@ PapaJim

My apologies to you. I take back my numerous character slamming, downright “ mean “ post I have produced over the months that I directed towards you.

Seeing your post at Bad Aroma made me realize I read you wrong.

Have yourself a wonderful Memorial Day Long Weekend.

Maybe you two can go get pedicures this weekend

Posted by: Vincent | May 27, 2018 2:00:28 AM
———————————-

Congratulations. The company you crow for has to add up 2 full size divisions to not even equal Ford F Series. That didn’t save GM from going BANKRUPT.

Poor Ms. Harvey, that's all she cares about, who sells more trucks. Doesn't really look good for Ford that a "Bankrupt" company is your top competitor or that they were sitting on a 6-speed transmission until they teamed up with GM for the 10-speed.

GMS - if you have supporting evidence please post the link.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 26, 2018 1:09:15 PM

You don't need a link, use your head.
Posted by: GMSRGREAT

@GMS
Thank you for confirming that you were just flapping your lips.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 27, 2018 11:10:53 AM

We have been through this before and I have supplied enough info to confirm my statements.

See below Excerpt from article on May 11th, Ford halts production.

"Although many outlets mistakenly identify the Ford F-150 as Ford's top seller, selling as many as 900,000 vehicles annually, we would note that number often is for total F-Series pickups, which includes the F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550. The total number of F-150s produced this year is likely to be closer to 550,000 units."

So the F-150 is expected to sell 550,000 in 2018.

Now look at how many Silverado's were sold in 2017. Silverado is the best selling model truck in America.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | May 11, 2018 11:23:29 AM

Now, all you Ford fans have to do is accept that the Silverado is that best selling "by name" model truck in America.

Thats the fact Jack or maybe its Sally.

I would challange you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.

who cares who sells more. It doesn't make it a better product...heck look at all the recalls ford has. They are number 1. And they are below average in getting recalls handled... If they would recall everything, they would blow the number one gap wide open!

Case in point. I just got back from our lake house. I pulled my 5,000 lb boat up interstate going 75 mph and got 14.9 mpg with my 6.2L. My step dads 2013 3.5L ecoboost got 17 mpg while pulling nothing!
The ecoboosts are over rated and Ford doesn't make a V8 to compete with the 6.2L in the half tons!! That's a fact!!!

Just like this 4 cylinder from GM. I'm not a fan of it, I won't bash it until I see reviews and real world tests. But I can guarantee u I will never buy one!

I would challange you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 27, 2018 6:10:40 PM

Challenge accepted.

Now, all you GM fans have to do is accept that the FORD F Series is that best selling "by name" model truck in America......

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 27, 2018 6:06:42 PM

The F-series isn't a model , it is a truck line-up. Man this challenge is already over. You needs to be wiser about who you challenge. Better yet, go get your GED.

The Silverado isn't a model , it is a truck line-up. As I said previously you are unarmed. There was no challenge you never even got out of the starting gate. Huge fail on your part please stop embarrassing yourself.

Posted by: Casual Observer of Fools | May 27, 2018 9:12:30 PM

Silverado is written on all Chevrolet full size trucks, 585, 864 last year alone. Silverado is the only full size truck model Chevrolet sells. How many of each of Ford's 2 full size trucks were sold in 2017?

TNTGMC

tell stepdad he needs to take his 3.5 Eco-Boost to the dealer for a flash, tune up and change the throttle body cause he should be getting 21-22 MPG instead of 17

my 2016 3.5 Eco-Boost with 3.31 axle gets 22 MPG highway at 75 MPH
I complained to dealer when I wasn't getting claimed gas mileage and the new throttle body made a BIG difference
tell him don't be a cheapskate a new throttle body is only $160

I like your stepdad
he sounds like a smart man and a great guy cause he owns an Eco-Boost

@Ecoboost rules

My 2009 Silverado V8 easily gets 22 mpg on the Interstate. It just rolled 100k miles.

Still has the original throttle body, by the way. I've never had to pay a dealer to "flash or tune" my Chevy. It runs great, no leaks, no smoke. Looks great too.

Sorry about your bad luck.

@eco boost rules

My 2015 Silverado 6.2 gets 21.5 miles MPG on the highway at 70 mph. So it is not an exact apples to apples comparison, however, the engine still has the original throttle body, no engine retune .

@ ecoboost

My old 5.3L got 23 mogs going 80 mph with 3.42 rear end not pulling anything. My new 6.2L gets 21 mpgs not pulling. So your supposed ECO-boost doesn't do it for me! Plus all us GM guysbhave the reliability of GMs small block heritage behind us!! I'll take that any day over some over blown hyped up gerbil motor.

896,764 Ford F Series vs. 585,864 of the 2 models of Chevy Silverado. That is a 310,900
deficit, even if your are to add the 2 models of GMC Sierra there is still a 92,957 deficit. This according to the numbers you presented.
Like Casual said- you are unarmed. There was no challenge other than what you created for yourself. Now run along.

i meant 70. Dang phone. Not 80. But i gotten 20 mogs with my 5.3l going 80 up I29...

@ gm blows

Again who cares who sells more!! Your brother Frank says it all the time about McDonald's. Doesn't make them the best now does it!

Had no idea you and GMS were dating.

You may wish to address your comments directly to GMS he is the one who makes the volume of sales false assertion