2018 Ram 1500, 2500, 3500: Recall Alert

2018 Ram 2500
By Patrick Masterson

Vehicles Affected: Model-year 2018 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks are, along with model-year 2018 Dodge Journey SUVs, part of a recall for approximately 1,800 vehicles

The Problem: The backup camera may experience a loss of image display while backing up, increasing the risk of a crash.

The Fix: Dealers will replace the rearview mirror for free.

What Owners Should Do: Ram parent company Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will begin notifying owners Aug. 3. Owners can call the automaker at 800-853-1403, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or visit its website to check their vehicle identification number and learn more.

Need to Find a Dealer for Service? Go to Cars.com Service & Repair to find your local dealer. To check for other recalls, and to schedule a free recall repair at your local dealership, click here: Ram 1500Ram 2500Ram 3500.

Manufacturer image

Comments

If you are more at risk of a crash because your camera went out, you have no business operating a vehicle.

Do you have another useless comment?

We're glad people are getting notified to fix a petty issue. Your ignorance is bliss.

We were talking on a truck forum, seems like quite a few(including me) rarily use that back-up camera. I park my truck in the garage by backing as I do quite often in parking lots, been using mirrors for over 40 years, hard to teach an old guy new tricks

If it is broke, let them fix them

Did Frank really just refer to another person's comment as "useless"?

bonus question: Did Frank suggest that another person is ignorant?

@ papajim

Lol...u beat me to it!

Plus, this is an easy fix, good job RAM.

Plus, this is an easy fix, good job RAM.

Posted by: TNTGMC | Jul 11, 2018 10:51:54 AM

that's right it is an easy fix unlike you're 5.3 that had the chevy shake that GM couldn't fix now that's funny

Posted by: Ford Rules GM Drools | Jul 11, 2018 11:34:28 AM

Hey hold one minute, he got free DVD players. That's not funny

I think somone is jealous. Lol! When the company admits it couldn't fix it and replaces it and gives me free DVD players heck yes I'll take it. Better than Ford who claims there truck isnt designed to run over 65 mph.....LMFAO

Now who is the fool!! Lol.

The only useless comment here was yours. I pointed out a legitimate fact, all you did was whine about it. That makes you as useless as Chingon.

@ BD

Hey, be nice to Frank, his girlfriend or boyfriend already calls him useless enough as it is.

BTW Frank.. I won't judge u either way u swing your bat little fella.

Only crybabies use the word "jealous."

Low number of units, caught early, easily fixed... no biggie for Fiat.

@ Frank
Then u are extremely jealous!!

While I appreciate the timeliness of any fix, is this really recall worthy (as opposed to a TSB)? The vehicle isn't disabled and can still be operated in reverse, safely, without a camera. This is an inconvenience. It's not like you drive down the road at speed in reverse. Not unless your name is Randall "Memphis" Raines.

SPOTTY BACKUP CAM.

SHAMU STYLING.

BEND OVER,

RAM !!

Wow, talk about a simple article about a RAM having the comment section hijacked by the Ford clan. Get a life guys.

Ringling bros. Just announced they want to acquire FCA. Rumor has it they have no plans on keeping the equipment or buildings.
They just want all the CLOWNS.

Yeah right GMSR2NDRATE-- 'cause it's not like you're on here EVERY DAY running your mouth over the finer point of government-funded junk.

Not at all-hahahaha. You idiot.

@ BEND OVER AKA (BD) F OFF SON DO NOT MESS WITH ME SON. SO F THE BACK OFF!!!

You guys are pathetic. LOL

Yep, totally useless.

Not at all-hahahaha. You idiot.

Posted by: redbloodedxy | Jul 11, 2018 3:32:25 PM

Did someone just squeeze your skull, because now you're spewing s¥¡t.

WOW...

For all the non ford owners on this site, I happen to know a few F150 owners that aren’t irritating or obnoxious. Let’s not hold it against F150 drivers that a few ford fans on this site haven’t matured past fifth grade.

DO NOT MESS WITH ME SON. SO F THE BACK OFF!!!
Posted by: Chingon | Jul 11, 2018

@chingon

Great quotes in world history

Caesar: I came I saw I conquered

Lincoln: A house divided against itself cannot stand

FDR: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Chingon: F the back off

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Does anyone know of other websites that give us truck news..please post...this site is 94% useless. The only thing worth reading is the headline and whats under it...then comes the comments section...worthless. Maybe some smart bloke can hack it and delete all the useless comments.

Did Frank really just refer to another person's comment as "useless"?
bonus question: Did Frank suggest that another person is ignorant?

Posted by: papajim | Jul 11, 2018 10:48:08 AM

I think Frank was actually referring to himself in that statement!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA

Again I say, great job Ram. Do not be like GM and leave things go for years, and then get sued, lose to Ford, and go bankrupt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNT go home please.

@ Buddy 47

The problem is there needs to be a monitor on site and only your username can be used under your email address.
Anyone can put anyone else's user name and go crazy...hence thats the problem. U can't tell who is who. Even if you can, its still annoying and childish.

I have no problem with people busting each other b@lls, but I can't take leaches who use others! It doesn't matter if its just a name, its disrespectful! Its what this country lacks a ton of...RESPECT! Its terrible in this country.

@ papajim

That wasnt me...please known the difference

Case in point right there. Annoying leach.

TNTGMC

preach it man, when someone uses my name i don't respond in any way because that's what they want ATTENTION

Don't worry TNTGMC, I like men too.

I love men!!! There, I said it outloud!!

Papajim, how about you message me your number?

@ ford drools

It doesnt make it right though does it! That's my point and what's wrong with this country. You understand though! I enjoy convos with u BC we can take each others bullsh#t.

Hey TNTGMC, hit me up too. Let's do a threesome?

Make sure to wear protection. You're still my baby boy!

"@ Buddy 47

I see a ton of it now with teens, and 20-30 yr olds. They think they are in-titaled to everything, don't need to work for it, and should come at the snapmof their fingers, just like the internet does when they click their mouse button."

So calling Frank a homosexual is so mature? You're a douche and a hypocrit. Swallow the end of a shotgun.

It is the truth, I am a homo

It is the truth, I am a homosapien

Posted by: Frank | Jul 12, 2018 2:27:27 PM

You had a typo in there bro, fixed it for you.

It's ok Frank you don't have to take it back, everybody knows what you meant

not the real papajim

Posted by: Ford Rules GM Drools | Jul 11, 2018 11:34:28 AM

I think you mean Ford dumb s*$%t!!

Posted by: Ford Rules GM Drools | Jul 11, 2018 11:34:28 AM

I think you mean Ford dumb s*$%t!!

"I don't see how this is a safety issue. I agree with the first comment. If you need a camera, you shouldn't be driving."
---- Posted by: dapetik

You'd be singing another tune if that were your toddler on his tricycle behind your truck just as you start backing out of the driveway. They've always been dangerous to back because you simply can't see what's below bed-lip level. With a camera, you'd know if some child or other loved family member were standing, sitting or lying there.

@ Vulpine
i love my 360 view camera for that reason alone, i could not live with myself if that where to happen, i got neighbors with 6 kids and they run wild