2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate Photo Gallery

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_01

Our photographer had a chance to get an up-close look at a production version of the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate, which made its debut at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show. The Denali Ultimate is a new level in luxury for the Sierra. It is only available on 4x4 crew-cab models that come with the 6.2-liter V-8 engine, but buyers do get a choice between a short bed (5 feet 8 inches) or long bed (6 feet 6 inches).

On top of the "regular" Denali, the Denali Ultimate adds unique front-end styling, new power steps and segment-exclusive magnetic-ride shocks that help to provide a smoother ride (empty or loaded). There is also an overload of technology and driver aids, including IntelliBeam headlamp controls, several collision avoidance technologies, a Bose sound system, wireless phone charging and OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hot-spot capability.

There are no official details on pricing yet, but our best guess puts the Denali Ultimate in the $60,000 range where it will compete with luxury trucks from Ford and Ram.

See the rest of our gallery below.

Cars.com photos by Evan Sears

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_02

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_03

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_04

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_05

16GMC_Sierra_Denali_Ultimate_ES_06

Comments

The Denali "Ultimate" Warrior Edition would be awful pick for 2016 Best Truck. I'm not sure what the criteria is for the nominees. If you're going to include that, you have to include the 2016 F-160 Limited which is new and includes SYNC 3, new towing tech.

The F-150 also outruns the 6.2 and gets better fuel economy and has a real manstep unlike the fake mansteps on the Denali.

The Ford already had the LED headlights and collision warnings in 2015.

Once again the Denali would be an awful pick, but if you're gonna go there, you have to look at the F-150 Limited. The dummies at MT didn't even look.

Also, IntelliBeam headlights automatically switch between high beams and low-beams in response to traffic conditions.....not sure how useful or reliable that would be.

Also the magnetic shocks are nice but on the GMC forums the guys say it's not worth anying. Not to mention repair costs - those shocks are literally into the "thousands" to replace, based on part costs alone. I thought GM guys cared about repair costs? smh. Anybody here want to replace thousands of dollars in shocks? Good luck with that!

Read more: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-z06-discussion/2968726-magnetic-ride-control-yea-or-nay.html#ixzz3vn95S6Mp

@Scott: That is a nice piece of research. I think we can both agree that we learned something today. Are you listening LMAO?

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 29, 2015 11:05:00 PM

Oh I learned something today for sure. For one you are a die hard bow tie fanbot for sure. No matter what it takes you try so hard to try to be right even if you have to change the original subject and go the Cobalt route. Really? A cobalt. Now that is classic. In your complete ignorance I never questioned the hybrid no volume electric powersteering. And stabilitrac in 97 was traction control. A far cry from what it is today. One day you will realize that both companies bring first to the table. Until you can grow up and grow a pair have a good day.

@gmsgreat, love the square wheel wells, that is beautiful, love the pic of the step bar where the guys uses it as a step, apparently GM didnt have anything new to show, so they showed the tried and true step bar

LMAO: This whole debate started by you calling me out on digital steering that was mentioned in this article. Then you attempted to school me on Fords leadership role of EPS in the pick-up world. Then I posted a link that proved GM was the first to bring EPS to the pick-up world. Be a man and admit it, GM was there first.
There you go, big fella.

And it wasn't adaptable to a non hybrid pickup. Ford had the first 12 volt system in a pickup beefie enough for truck duty.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 29, 2015 9:42:51 PM

You mean the system you couldn't use a snow plow on your F150 with, yeah some beefie truck duty steering system LOL!

Just last they finally add a plow prep package, but with only a 5.0L

"Here are some quick tips to consider if a snowplow is in your truck's future:
1.First, be very specific about considering your snow-pushing needs. The more snow, the heavier-duty truck that’s required. While Ford does not recommend the 2012 F-150 for snow plowing, a GM half-ton can be used for smaller driveways and streets."

There you go, big fella.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 8:06:50 AM

You are a funny little TroL! There little guy. You still fail to accept that the high voltage system in a low volume truck is the same as a low voltage system that is currently being used. Typical GM fandork where you try to spin everything. Remember you and the superior stabilitrac having the first trailer sway control attempt. Face it, the current GM power steering is just coming up to current truck standards and they are doing it the cheapest way possible. You spouted off saying goes the GM electro gearbox was cutting edge but I'm sorry everyone else has been doing it for years. So please proceed and bask in your prior glory of trolldom and have a good day knowing your current chubby is behind in steering technology compared to other trucks out there.

@LMAO: one more time, I will spell it out for you this time. LOL GM pioneered EPS technology on full size pick-up trucks. LMAO

No GMSNOTSOGREAT, they bought a system to work with a high voltage system only. Please stop changing the subject and keep with current 12V trucks. TYPICAL FANLOSER you are. Always trying to steer away from the facts.

Gmfangirl, if the hybrid system was so great and cutting edge why is it not longer being used?

@LMAO: you know there is a saying," Never argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.". Anyways, i'm off to work. Remember, I have one of those things that FORD developed, the smart phone, so I can check in from time to time . Keep it real.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 8:52:02 AM

Actually you got that wrong also. The saying is You cannot fix stupid. I knew that for a while with you but I still try anyways. But it is more in line with my saying, always have fun playing with stupid people and watch their reactions. And I have been having fun for sure and not even trying very hard.

LMAO, you need to back off GMSGREAT, he will never understand anything, as we have all witnessed, he is so into trying to convince himself Gms are great that he fails in convincing anyone else

LOL!!

So where does GM go from "Ultimate"...

If you are a fool I guess you rush out for this latest package of upgraded ding dings, ho has, nose pickers and butt scratchers but you would be mistaken... for just around the corner there must be the (in big booming voice) "Ultimate, limited, platinum, diamond, special reserve, extra high lariated king ranch laramie country 1776, make your friends envious and enemies insane, prove you wasted more money on your truck than someone else, show how out of touch with what a truck is for, afraid to get it dirty, cant work it, terrified to scratch it super duper uber deluxe package".

See you all... im gonna let the kid with the skidsteer getting $7.50 an hour dump a load of dirt in the back of mine and ill act like a man about the scratches (no caring at all) and sleep like a baby afterward.

"...if the hybrid system was so great and cutting edge why is it not longer being used?"

LMAO, the outdated hybrid system that GM used back in the last decade was GM answering a question that no one was asking. Back when GM was still selling a LOT of half ton pickups with a 4 speed auto, their first priority should have been getting the six speed into the catalog across the board (Ford had it in all half ton models by 2011 IIRC).

However, it's more important to understand that the average guy with a late model GM half ton is more interested in performance and comfort than he is in impressing the latte crowd down at the coffee shop.

Even a really good GM hybrid drivetrain might have flopped in dealer showrooms back then.

Can you say Chevy Volt?

Posted by: LMAO | Dec 30, 2015 8:51:55 AM

Not longer used............not?

Anyways, Stop trying to change the topic! LMAO

So where does GM go from "Ultimate"...

Anyways, Stop trying to change the topic! LMAO

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 11:53:50 A

Awwwwwww look at you try so hard. You thinking your so smart with believing I am changing the subject. I thought this discussion we have been having was on the hybrid steering system. You have been so happy discussing it and now you think I am changing the subject by asking you a direct question on it. I am right though, I cannot fix stupid but I sure do have fun playing with it. Your court now little girl who drives a girls truck.

Ford has been using steering assist for at least 2 years if im not mistaken maybe longer GM late to the game again

Beautiful truck with cool useful technology like digital assist steering and magnetic-shocks. Two new technologies from the technology leader, GM. Wait, in a couple years, LMAO and Scott will claim FORD leads in those technologies. What a joke those 2 ford fan girls are.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 29, 2015 5:13:58 PM

Now let's play with your ignorance here.

1st is the magnetic shocks. No it is not new. Since you can bring up the Cobalt that leaves this open. GM and other car companies have used this for many years. New you say, epic Fail I say. Not a new idea.

2nd is the digital steering. You say new I say not so much. You argue it is new and GM is the first. Well it is not new because GM used it on a old truck many years ago. And it was on a very specific vehicle no longer made. Ford and Ram had electric power steering for many years on a common mass production truck. At least I think Ram has it. May have to double check that. But you again argue that GM is the first in 2016 to have this yet another fail because it is not true.

My god I feel like I'm in the fifth grade reading these posts. Who the F*** cares who was first does it make any f****** difference?

Ford files patent for bike that uses wheel from your car!!!

Posted by: LMAO | Dec 30, 2015 12:18:20 PM

@LMAO: GM doesn't have an hybrid steering system, i'm not sure anyone does, they do however have EPS.

As for your next post, my response is: yes, no, not so much, what, really,
Your wrong! LMGMAO

EPIC FAIL............AGAIN.

2. What? Quite while your being lapped

Posted by: Tom | Dec 30, 2015 12:43:39 PM

Not at all but it sure is fun playing with this girl.

As for your next post, my response is: yes, no, not so much, what, really,
Your wrong! LMGMAO

EPIC FAIL............AGAIN.

2. What? Quite while your being lapped

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 1:00:22 PM

Oh wow, you must be a heavy drinker because you ma'am have no clue. You have been talking like you have a clue because GM had a specific electric steering system for their hybrid truck. Please sober up little girl before you hurt someone.

I am still wondering why the title of this is Ultimate Photo Gallery, yet no interior photos, which means nothing new from GM that someone else hasn't already done 15 years ago, and another photo of the step bar, which means again nothing new from GM that someone else hasnt already done 15 years ago.

I hate GM but this is a good looking truck. Watching the GM and Ford guys go back and forth gets old. Personally, I do not like all this technology in trucks. I have a 2011 Tacoma and don't see myself ever buying anything newer.

@nitro;
Nobody has done magnetic ride on a pick-up before.

@nitro;
Nobody has done magnetic ride on a pick-up before.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 5:21:15 PM

Doesn't matter. You were touting off about the Cobalt having electric power steering. So you killed that lame excuse with that pathetic statement. You opened the whole can-o-worms when you tried to bring old old history into this. But nice try with an epic fail in the end.

Chuck Taylor Good hope Ford has better luck building bike cycles, because the suck a%% a building automobiles.

@chuck taylor: That bike idea by Ford is actually pretty good thinking. You can ride it to go and find a mechanic.

@chuck taylor: That bike idea by Ford is actually pretty good thinking. You can ride it to go and find a mechanic to fix your chevy.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 6:31:09 PM

Here, fixed it for you.

If a Chevy ever broke down, the owners can call on star, Ford owners have to ride the bike. LOL!

If a Chevy ever broke down, the owners can call on star,

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 7:29:59 PM

Must be why on star is extremely busy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

If a Chevy ever broke down, the owners can call on star,
Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Dec 30, 2015 7:29:59 PM

Must be why on star is extremely busy.
Posted by: LMAO | Dec 30, 2015 7:49:05 PM

LOL ha ha ha...so true

I know Dodge has electric steering on the challenger. If it's not on the trucks I'm sure it's on the way

@roadram. From what I could find it looks like Ram had electric power steering since 2013.

Didn't know that. Guess it's working for em

Not to split hairs, but yet another mistake by PUTC. It is not available with a "long" bed (which is 8'0") -- it is only available with the "short" (5'3") and "standard" (6'6") beds. If PUTC wants to be the truck authority they should know the nomenclature ...

The first electric power steering system appeared on the Suzuki Cervo in 1988. from wikipedia.

@LMAO,

Ford copied RAM with the dial shifter..
Ford copied RAM with the 1/2 ton Diesel, Furd coming out soon
Ford copied RAM with Natural gas trucks,RAM had it since late 1980's early 90's..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ford took more money than GM and Chrysler during the Bailouts,Ford took billions to replace V-8's (Catering to Obama v-8 bad ...global climate warming you know the propaganda by anti civilization left wingers) and Ford told to bring over European Fords to build/sell in America..Fords current car/van line is all European ! F Series only American Ford left,cars are all European..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@ Dave Z,

F-150 does not outrun the GM 6.2 !!!

GM is the quickest truck,besides RAM RT !

4 door 4x4 GM 6.2 is a perfect race for a RAM RT,Ford is behind...

All of this chatter is very funny! I have a 2015 GMC Denali with a 6.2, one of my friends has a 2016 F150 platinum with 3.5 ecoboost, and another friend has a 2016 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi. We took them to the drag strip and my truck beat both of them in the 1/4 mile. Next we drove down the same road side by side to 60 mph and tested the breaking. My truck stopped faster than either of their trucks. Next we tried towing. We all loaded our race cars on our trailers, not sure if they were all equal weight, but it had to be fairly close. We went back to the same road, and my truck out pulled both of them, the F150 wasn't far behind, but the ram didn't do very well at all. This was a real world test, by three real truck guys, and not a magazine or video produced by someone that has a "special" interest in the outcome. They both admitted that my truck out preformed their trucks. But guess what, they both still love their trucks, and I don't blame them... Their all AWESOME! Why do people always have to bash each other? What I think is cool is that NONE of us will EVER buy a foreign truck!! Enough said...