Recall Alert: 2015 Ford Transit

2015 Ford Transit recall

By Brian Wong

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 1,200 model-year 2015 Ford Transit dual-rear-wheel vans built at the Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri between May 1 and June 26, 2015

The Problem: The rear axle shafts can fracture, which can result in a sudden loss of power while driving or cause the vehicle to roll if parked without the parking brake engaged, increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Ford says it is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this issue.

The Fix: Dealers will replace both of the rear axle shafts free of charge.

What Owners Should Do: Ford did not release an owner identification schedule. Owners can call Ford at 866-436-7332 or enter their vehicle identification number here.

Need to Find a Dealer for Service? Go to Cars.com Service and Repair to find your local dealer.

Manufacturer image

Comments

There must be some physical differences, but I am sure there are also IQ differences

Posted by: RAM | Dec 24, 2015 12:29:49 PM

Oh yes, i completely agree there is a dramatic difference in IQ between the two of us. The odds are in my favor and i am ok with that. The key point in that is you cannot read very well or comprehend complete sentences. I have yet to have a situation where i could not move around freely in my seat belt. But the little voices in your head are not clearly comprehending that data. If i was also off roading in sever conditions i would much rather my belt lock up on me and limit my body movement within the cabin. It would seriously limit control of the vehicle if you were not able to remain tight in your seat while steering and operating the brakes. But i guess you would rather just bounce around inside your truck hitting stuff and loosing control.

@LMAO

On our work truck of ford and Rams it almost impossible to put your seatbelt while drive down a wash board gravel road cause it won't pay out.
Posted by: scott | Dec 23, 2015 5:24:22 PM

You are very funny fella. Because you don't know better, you think, you have the best truck and you are smart.
If you don't want to bounce around in your ford,when offroading,you better install Recaro 5 point harness and yes, there is many scenarios , when you wish ,that seat belt doesn't locks ,like Scott mentions . He got it, you still didn't .
At least you know, that my system is different, more sophisticated, than yours and Scotts. You learned something today.

I did learn you cannot put a properly structured sentence today that is for sure. Wow that last post was a pain to fully understand with all the grammar errors. You did notice where he pointed out the newer Rams are the same as the Ford trucks right. So what are you saying, Fiat went cheap on the newer trucks? That is how i take it anyways.

@LMAO
This is not a grammar school, but PUTC. English language is my fourth language.
I posted facts and proved them. It's your problem ,If you don't like them. Non of you tested new FIAT 1500 Laramie, so you can't say, that FIAT went cheap. Please give yourself a favor and go to see RAM or JEEP dealer and test those seat belts on high end models, before you post any bs again.
Merry Christmas bitch !

Posted by: LMAO | Dec 24, 2015 1:45:02 PM

LMAO!!!!!

Posted by: johnny doe | Dec 24, 2015 2:18:43 PM

Dont worry Johnny welfare Doe, the welfare line will open up in a few days so you can eat again.

English language is my fourth language.

Posted by: RAM | Dec 24, 2015 2:13:31 PM\

Lets see if i have these right

1: Rambot
2: Redneck
3: Dee T Dee
4: English

I like how I can shape ever conversation on here. Everybody out tugging on seat belts to see if they lock in a transit axle thread. Which my ram at work locks. The ram guys are easy to steer as BAFO. In the Titan thread I had him talking circles. He even said a bigger truck weighs less and 5.5 beds are the best for pulling gooseneck trailers. Lol

Caught early. Low number of vehicle, 0 Injuries, 0 Damage. Sounds like a parts issue (a batch of 1200). Voluntary Recall. Crap happens Taking care of business honestly, ethically, competently.

Good job.

Hey everybody look at me! I am driving a truck made from recycled beer cans, duh! it won't rust, sure I paid $10K more and my insurance went up 30% but it's worth it cause its sooo cool.

Posted by: Lou_DC | Dec 23, 2015 12:54:08 AM