We Ride With 2017 Ford Raptor in Mint 400

IMG_4348 II

We've had our first chance to take a ride in the all-new 2017 Ford Raptor when it ran in the Best in the Desert off-road racing even last Saturday just outside Las Vegas. The Ford entry in the Mint 400 was driven by team members Greg Foutz and Tim Casey of Foutz Motorsports and was watched closely by a pair of Ford engineers from Dearborn, Mich. They were looking for opportunities to fine-tune the new powertrain and four-wheel-drive system. Foutz and Casey provided feedback about how the new 10-speed transmission handles the power produced by the new and more powerful 3.5-liter V-6 EcoBoost engine.

We were a passenger in the third seat through half of the race as the course wove through the mountains, dry washes and valleys of the remote Nevada desert, all the while trying to take photos and make notes at wide-open throttle. We posted some images throughout the weekend on Twitter and Facebook but will have the full report of the race and how the competition played out later this week. We may have a few videos as well.

Our Foutz Motorsports Raptor was the lone entry in the factory stock production full-size class, meaning that it runs a factory-offered powertrain and factory dash layout that must have sold at least 4,000 units in the last 36 months. Additionally, to run in this half-ton class it has to have a gross vehicle weight rating between 6,001 and 9,000 pounds, and have a minimum bed length of 4 feet. We're pretty sure our 2017 Raptor was the only entry in the race that had electric windows, air conditioning, and cruise control.

Spoiler Alert: our Foutz Motorsports entry was number 1201, and we won our class. Stay tuned.

Cars.com photos by Mark Williams

IMG_4374 II

Mint 400 View II

Mint Mark Thumbs II

Comments

LMAO likes to talk about big pen/nis.

LMAO likes to talk about big pen/nis.

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 4:10:16 PM

Hmmmmm I guess all the blood is not in your cranium because you need to see who is talking about their junk. Not me or cobaltsrgreat.

Just remember, large junk is good for two things. Bragging about it to your guy friends and pooorrrrnnn. Neither of which I care for.

@LMAO
Don't bring it in to the discussion next time.

craptor that was a laugh. Nice truck. The 3.5 I am guessing is lighter than a v8. Delivers similar power so there is the advantage.

@LMAO
Don't bring it in to the discussion next time.

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 4:37:40 PM

You are the one that brought up your disappointing junk size. I always love the guys that brag about whats in their pants. They are also the ones with lady issues to. LMAO, just saying. What a tool......

Because your a big fan of the pen/nis

Posted by: LMAO or maybe the new Frank | Mar 15, 2016 3:37:30 PM

Because your a big fan of the pen/nis

Posted by: LMAO or maybe the new Frank | Mar 15, 2016 3:37:30 PM

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 5:07:53 PM

I will have to say, you are pretty much the dumbest engineer have talked to. Im sorry but you have to be a sanitary engineer (US garbage man) because you CLEARLY cannot read or comprehend correctly. I reposted what YOU clearly stated because i never mentioned size. Just you like the cockk. You brought up size which is a clear sign of an under achiever if you know what i mean. Thanks for the laugh now look below at YOUR comment little guy.

You are right. My pen/nis is big.

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 3:49:31 PM

@LMAO
Don't start discussion about pen/nis, if you can't compete with size next time. How did you get that silly idea on truck web site truck anyway ?
I have an issue with ladies, because I have a hot wife , kids and I am still happily married . Are you lonely or divorced ? It's because you have a small pen/nis.

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 5:37:26 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, your hot wife must have cut you off. And your children are probably not yours. It was a simple deduction, you cannot stop talking about junk size.

Divorced???? now that is really funny. Married 17 years and my wife and I spend several weeks on vacation most of which was out of North America. Hardly divorced loser.

PUTC knows how to fire up a hot story. Wieners.

Divorced???? ha I wish! My wife got so mad at me one day she packed his bags and told me to get out. As I walked to the door she yelled, "I hope you die a long, slow, painful death."

So I turned around and said, "So, you want me to stay?"

Divorced???? ha I wish I had those kind if balls! My wife and I have been married for 17 years. We were having a perfect marriage until her boyfriend started dating my girlfriend..

Divorced???? ha dream on! I learned one thing from 17 long years of marriage. If you want your wife to pay attention to every word you say, try talking in your sleep.

Divorced???? Married 17 years and my wife and I spend several weeks on vacation. It was great, she went to Florida, I went to Europe!

Divorced???? ha I wish. I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; and then it was too late.

Divorced???? Married 17 years and my wife and I spend several weeks on vacation. I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.

Divorced???? ha I wish while on vacation with my wife I walked into a crowded local bar brandishing a revolver yelling "Who’s been screwing my wife?" A voice from the back of the bar shouted back, "You don’t have enough ammo, mate!"

Divorced???? hahahaha Married 17 years, what do my wife, tornadoes and hurricanes have in common?

They all get the house!

Well look at that. Ram is so much of a pusieeeeee he has to try a feble attempt at my name sequence. What a tiny tool.

Ram is so much of a pusieeeeee, he doesn't understand that losing a wife can be hard. In my case, it’s damned near impossible.

Divorced???? hahahaha Married 17 years, my wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant and have a little wine and good food. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.

Who ever posted that. Thank you. LMAO.

Who ever posted that. Thank you. LMAO.

Posted by: RAM | Mar 15, 2016 8:01:23 PM

That was you you big pu $$y.

My English is not that good, but thank you.
LMAO.

I think, you posted that anyway, to make me LMAO.

Speaking about a big pu $$y. My wife has a contract to give lectures – it’s called a marriage licence.

A big pu $$y, you don't know the half of it! My son asked me, Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?

I said I don't know, son, after 17 years and I'm still paying for it.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are

So claiming to win their class when they are the only ones racing in it? Another pro-Ford, everybody else sucks article!

How about why the Ford Raptor got its rear handed to them down in Dakar by the dozens of Toyota HiLux's?

Raptor is by far the baddest assed OEM offroad toy to ever be made and a huge sales success on top of it. Raptor has been win Win WIN for Ford

Posted by: Clint | Mar 15, 2016 6:23:55 AM

Love to see the Ram Runner vs the V6 Raptor Shoot out. Since the Ford is turbo charged we can super charge the Hemi.

Posted by: Clint | Mar 15, 2016 6:23:55 AM

It is nice to see the two ramturds having some fun together. Since there is nothing new here about fiat they have to try and have some other fun. Maybe they should go back to their fiat propaganda site crappar.com. what a bunch of losers.

Posted by: ooxxii | Mar 16, 2016 1:08:12 AM

Can you read. Seriously, are you capable of reading and understanding the words. This article was a brief description that they were able to ride as a 3rd rider. NOT that it won its class. Where they CLEARLY stated it was the only contender in the stock class. At least if you want to be a turd understand what u our reading first before looking like Ram or HemiV8.