Chevy Pickups Celebrate 100 Years With Centennial Edition

Centennial 1

To celebrate 100 years of Chevrolet pickup trucks, the Bow-Tie brand introduced the Centennial Edition for the Silverado 1500 and Colorado pickups at the 2017 State Fair of Texas in Dallas. The eye-catching Centennial Blue special editions will not have any mechanical upgrades, but they will be offered with a unique classic bow-tie badge that echoes designs from the original 1918 work truck.

The well-equipped Silverado 1500 Centennial Edition LTZ Z71 crew cab will sport unique badges on the front grille, tailgate and front door, the latter a special 100 Years badge. A spray-in bedliner and floor liners will sport bow-tie emblems, and 22-inch wheels and chrome tow hooks will complete package. The Colorado Centennial Edition LTZ will be offered in crew or extended cab, and will include the emblem bedecked spray-in bedliner and floor liners along with chrome tow hooks, mirrors and door handles. The limited-production Silverado 1500 will be available in October and the Colorado in November.

In addition to the two new special-edition pickups, Chevrolet also announced that its popular Chevy Truck Legends club, which launched in 2016 and now boasts a membership of almost 6,000 Chevy owners in Texas, will go nationwide. The program makes loyal Chevy truck owners whose pickups have more than 100,000 miles on the odometer eligible for numerous perks, from front-row seats at concerts to MLB games, sneak-peek movie premieres and more. The program is free; sign up at Chevy Truck Legends.

Finally, it's worth noting Chevy has one of the best displays at the fair, highlighting its most interesting and important pickups throughout its 100-year history. Our favorite is the 1967 C10 Fleetside. What's yours? Let us know in the comments section below.

Manufacturer images

Centennial 2

Centennial 3

Centennial 4

Centennial 5

Comments

In order to qualify for the 100,000 club, the engine, tranny and rear end needs to be original from the OEM manufacturer and not re-built!

@papa. So beside the "share" you keep talking about. Ford is still in number 1, thats a fact that wont change in 2017. There is no born new GM, they are still years behind Ford and Ram, which is why they continue to loose sales, as shown through out this year.

Posted by: Nitro | Sep 29, 2017 9:17:17 AM

@nitro

You sound like a child. I don't have time to educate you.

If you go to Yahoo Finance you can look up stock prices and charts.

You could learn something. Instead your comments remind me of (and smell like) dirty diapers.

@papa, so sorry you have to defend, you did not do a good a job, i get it, you realize I am right, thank you.

Did you do what I told you? Look in the mirror when you speak? Again thanks for listening..

Posted by: Nitro | Sep 29, 2017 11:00:39 AM
Posted by: papajim | Sep 29, 2017 10:04:48 AM

Papa Jim is nasty. Jim does a poor job of defending GM just like GM cannot defend the Silverado so GM has zero mention of it in the year end sales release. Sorry you can't defend.

@Nitro, @dave, @the fake jeff s

Did you check out the stock charts? Around 5pm today you should take a look at the GM chart and then the Ford chart.

Today is the last day of the Third Quarter. GM stock will be up nicely over the last 90 days, and Ford not so much...

A lot of forecasters have been predicting that GM will break through the $40 barrier during the next few days, or even this afternoon. Ford?

@Nitro, @dave, @the fake jeff s

@papa, I love how you mention the stock stuff, and yet you cannot comment on the fact that Ford is number 1, so no w we are supposed to look at the stock stuff now. Ok lets do that....
Ford Stock- 12
Gm stock-40

Since this a truck forum I only care about trucks. GM probably crushes Ford in the entire market category combining cars and all the other twins they have out there. If I'm buying stock (which I do), it is not in this sector, nor will it ever be. The point is since you wanted to go there. I could really care less about the stock of either company. What matters to me is that Ford is number 1 in the full size truck market, which they currently have a play in. Also Ram is number 3 and close behind the chevy, which is also important because I am a Ram fan as well.

I would never buy stock in a company who took a bailout that much from me and others, and never paid us back. So to your point, you can have that fake money in GM stock and feel good about being ripped off by your precious GM, not me, I'll put my money elsewhere. I'd imagine if you actually have stock in GM, your not making much money at all in that sector.

@nitro

GM sold more trucks than Ford the last 3 years in a row. Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

@papa, did you look into the mirror when you said that? I thought so....funny you have no response to anything, just like Ford wins every time, so do I. Nice try at a crappy comeback, so sorry you now have to defend your own childish comments.

Hope are president can get NAFTA taken care of so we can get are American jobs back and continue to build trucks here in the U.S.

Posted by: papajim | Sep 29, 2017 1:53:48 PM

But make way less profit doing it, nobody wants to invest in GM, Ford is a better stock to buy.

Ford also has a longer history of dividend excellence, unlike GM, who had to throw in the Towel and declare bankruptcy instead of taking a better business approach, such as; selling assets then gaining them back.

I don't expect this from GM, glad Ford had a competent CEO.

Ford is a better buy.

@Frank

This discussion really isn't your cup of tea. Stick to what you understand. I think Tele Tubbies is about to be on TV. Have fun!

@Frank, Nitro and the rest of your personalities

You heard it here first! GM closed the 3rd Q above $40 per share as I predicted earlier this week.

Ford closed the 3rd Q up for September but is a real stinker Year To Date and since the current bull market started in early November 2016. If you care to look take a gander at FCA's numbers. They're having a great quarter too.

Ford? Sorry not so much. Why is this important you ask?

Because great products are made by great companies. Great companies have great leaders. If you care to look take a gander at FCA's numbers. They're having a great quarter too. Ford? Sorry not so much.

I can't wait to see the September month end PUTC sales report!

@Frank

Posted by: papajim | Sep 29, 2017 2:40:00 PM

You sure know your TV shows, I have no idea whatcha talking about lil crybaby. Nobody cares about GM stock, get over it, we don't care.

Stick to what you know.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Posted by: oxi | Sep 29, 2017 12:07:25 PM

So pretty much every 2016 and newer Toyota Tacoma will never get to join the club? Because pretty much every single one has a howling rear end that's slowly burning up the ring gear. Junk.

Posted by: papajim | Sep 29, 2017 1:53:48 PM

But make way less profit doing it
Posted by: Frank | Sep 29, 2017 2:27:40 PM

Little 10 year old Franky aint to bright! Ford is the one making less profits. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

yuck ugly looking junk I would never buy a junk chevy I will keep my ram

yuck ugly looking junk I would never buy a junk chevy I will keep my ram
Posted by: rick | Sep 29, 2017 9:50:38 PM

I just bought a Ram for the first time after the last 3 brand new Fords I bought fell apart or left me stranded. The 5.4 Triton is one of the biggest piles of junk I've ever seen. Same goes for the 2.7 Ecoboost I just traded. I hope they take that thin back to the junkyard it was built in. Nothing but an oil burning piece of crap. And who came up with the 4WD system at Ford. They ought to be fired. Plastic gears? what an embarrassment! Not to mention I got really tired of listen to those dumb beeps Ford's trucks make every time the check engine wrench pops up. And that big wrench symbol was flashing all the time.

"Someday the people that own a Ford are going to want a real truck."-John Dodge

That’s pure junk just like the GARBAGE MOTORS COMPANY (AKA) GM.

@ Brick,

How old are you?

You have proven you do not own a Toyota truck nor ever have, so do us all a favor and just shut it.

You are a Toyota hater!

I guess Chevy is really throwing back when you had to install your own.

When GMC offered a centennial edition pickup, it was truly a step above the rest...not just a badge package. Labeled the C3 it came standard with 6.0 high output engine, HD 4L60E transmission and not 4WD but AWD. The following year was the first year of the Denali packages and included Quadra-Steer. They were the first of the luxury pickups, and nothing has been the same since. Very nice pickups, check them out.

@R

The 6.0 high output engine and the 4L60E transmission really made for a great drivetrain. Multi-gear transmissions like we have today make the 4 speeds seem kind of quaint, but not long ago the 4-speed was hot sh*t at the drag strip and the hamburger stand.

@R

The 4L80E is still a go-to transmission for a lot of guys in the drag racing scene. The 6L80 is gaining popularity now that most guys have easy access to the tools and knowledge for tuning them. Software like HP Tuners and EFI Live make it really easy.

1972 C10 Short Bed

When 100,000 miles rolls around, Chevy's 5.3 spark plugs are easy to find and replace. Same with all of the fluids and filters, with the exception of the trans pan and filter. Next time you look under the hood of your Ford, you will not be able to fid the plugs, much mechanical must be removed first. Best take it in to the dealer, won't be cheap and it won't be fast.