2019 Ford F-150 With Integrated Twin Exhaust: Spied

I-z3T9hFm-XL II

Following the release of EPA fuel-economy ratings for the 2018 Ford F-150 Power Stroke diesel powertrain, our spy shooters saw an interesting design change on a new and naked Ford F-150 Limited pickup truck. Although the front of the truck remains the same, the rear bumper appears to have a dual-exhaust setup integrated into the rear bumper. The only other F-150 pickup that offers a similar feature is the Ford Raptor, which has us thinking this Limited might have a high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost (previously only offered on the Raptor) under its hood. Here's what our spy sent us:

"We caught up to the 2019 F-150 Limited on the streets of Dearborn, Mich. Although Ford released a refreshed version of the Limited in mid-2017 as a 2018 model, we can now confirm that the 2019 model will get a revised rear bumper with an integrated dual exhaust to keep up with the competition. Ford is the last of the Detroit Three to jump onto the dual-exhaust-tip bandwagon. Ram has had it for a while, and GMC and Chevrolet just introduced it on their 2019 half-ton models.

"The 2019 Limited will continue to be powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 mated to a 10-speed transmission while sitting on aluminum 22-inch wheels, a hallmark for the truck."

SpiedBilde images

I-BNjrMcg-XL II

I-FdCpFZ5-XL II

I-Bn3TPdd-XL II

Comments

You guys should go play around with the Ford build your own. Yesterday , I was playing around trying to see if they had the diesel listed and priced, but they did not. ONE interesting thing I found though, I was able to add the 3.5 HO to every trim level

Posted by: Rowdy Douillard | Apr 20, 2018 7:26:29 AM

Did they offer the 9.75" axle with the V8 yet? Ford seems to force guys that want a RELIABLE naturally aspirated engine to settle for the wimpy (weak) 8.8" axle.

@ eating

Me bragging?? U have me confused with ecoboost rules!//he brags nonstop about his recalled f150 that he has to replace throttle bodies for!! I called u ignorant BC u can't comprehend what is a need or a want!! Then u say I can't make a payment on a truck BC I want to save up cash for a $1200/exhaust instead of putting it in a credit card, financing it or taking money out of my savings.....so yes u are ignorant... U have anything else stupid to say!!!

Not a fan of the twin exhaust integrated with bumper , did not care for it on Ram, and do not like it on Ford or any brand . Dont care for the look or practicality.
It may be a " look" ,but it is only that.
Certainly has its down side with a trailer behind you, as in constant reverberation driving down the road.

If you notice Ford put the outlets more towards the outside corners probably helps the reverberations go around the trailer better.

The 5.0 in the F-150 is a waste!
buying a new F-150 without an Eco-Boost is like eating toasted cheese sandwich without the cheese
you would have been better off with the Silverado 5.3 V8 instead of the 5.0
all that the 5.0 does is drink gas with no power
the Silverado 5.3 has no power either but at least it gets good gas mileage, much better than the 5.0

It means the exhaust has two paths to reach the atmosphere or Ford has copied Ram, as it looks very Ram'ish.

Good work Ford.

It means the exhaust has two path to reach the atmosphere or Ford has copied Ram, as it looks very Ram'ish.

Good work Ford.

LAME!!!!!!!

FORD! leading the way in dual exhaust technology! Always 1st in everything. All other mfg's stink! by the way, do you think you can look at my F-150?... it won't start again.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 20, 2018 7:12:16 AM

I'm amazed @ Fords innovation. what will they lead in next??
Glued beer can bodies, V8 sounds effects in your premium 3.5L,

Posted by: Jim | Apr 20, 2018 7:57:27 PM

It looks good and exactly same, like my 2010 RAM.

i'm not Frank, CT or Chingon or any of the other fanboys, the problem i got with TNTGMC post after post he keep calling people ignorant, mindless, and even stupid for the brand of trucks they drive if a person has to be that biased to brag up his own brand of truck then it shows his real character and apparently you agree with that

Posted by: Eatin Chevy's Shittin Dodges | Apr 20, 2018 6:32:35 PM

\\\\

TNT has never started a p*ssing contest around here from what I've seen. He needs to stop responding to Frank, he's just a pot stirrer.

Some of you take your truck obsession a little overboard. I mean look at your handle. You wear your Ford badge of honor on your sleeve and pick fights on here based off of it. But by all means tell Frank to stop calling people names as well. Or is it because he likes Fords its ok for him to Trvll.

Posted by: andrwken | Apr 21, 2018 9:51:33 AM

show me 1 comment where i defended Frank and i have called him out on it to , Frank and TNT are in the same boat with all the name calling, i don't care if they call me names but i have read comment after comment from TNT calling Ford guys stupid, ignorant. and mindless, i'll ask you the same question are you defending TNT because he's a GM guy, as for my name it's a slogan has nothing to do with a badge of honor

2019 RAM with Hellcat engine will feature Octaflow exhaust with 8 integrated pipes in rear bumper.

I like how all dual exhaust go through the same cat and are not true duals.. “dual” exhaust on all these trucks is worse trend then pipe fake noises in the cabin. Duals just add weight. My 6.2 raptor has no pipes that extend behind the cab. Right behind the cat, it goes through a mbrp then to a dump. About a 50 lb weight savings and nothing out there remotely sounds as good as a ford boss motor with this setup

@ eating

I only called u ignorant BC u can't comprehend what I was saying and then u pot stir BC u are upset that GMs 6.2L is far superior than any motor Ford makes!!!! Learn to comprehend... Don't comment on something that wasn't directed to u!!!!

Yes , it might be true that I don't need to respond to all of Franks posts but someone has got to tell the guy to STOP!!! He gives us nothing in conversation!! Its always insults or this is stupid!!

As for bragging... The only thing I ever say is I have most powerful V8 made and it sounds amazing, yet gets excellent mpg!!!

Posted by: Eatin Chevy's Shittin Dodges | Apr 21, 2018 10:29:28 AM

\\\\\

Nope. It's a badge. You can't tell what I drive based on my internet handle. You want people to know.

I have been critical of all trucks in different ways. I have a current preferred brand due to reliability but none are perfect. As to the lack of moderation on this site, some of us fire back at you clowns to tone it down. I have had good conversations here and would like to keep it that way. Not have you guys turn every comment section into a dumpster fire and have the posters who are enjoyable to discuss and even argue a little with, move on to somewhere else.

Now that Ford decided to put dual exhaust on their trucks, why is it that the Ford clown's are being quiet about the oil being blown all over their trailers. Kind of remember them complaining about that when Dodge put duals on their trucks.

Posted by: What's up with that ? | Apr 20, 2018 8:57:07 AM

I won't buy a truck with a straight out the back exhaust design. They look nice, but it is not ideal for towing. Don't know what oil blown stuff you're talking about........

The 5.0 in the F-150 is a waste!
you would have been better off with the Silverado 5.3 V8 instead of the 5.0
all that the 5.0 does is drink gas with no power

Posted by: Ecoboost Rules | Apr 20, 2018 11:59:12 PM

Please stop. We don't need a "GMSRGRETTA" on our side. Please go buy something else.

@ eating

Posted by: TNTGMC | Apr 21, 2018 2:27:00 PM

Alright TNT
i will man up i apologize for calling you out on being able to pay for your truck

with that being said help to comprehend this comment " GMs 6.2L is far superior than any motor Ford makes!!!!" what make the 6.2 far more superior can it haul more?, can it tow more?, does it get better MPG's?, have you driven a F-150 comparable to your GMC is it more relaiable? how do you know it's more reliable you only have a few thousand miles on your the same goes for F-150, you see this is the type of comment i have a hard time comprehending because their are no facts to prove your comment holds any water other than on paper

follow up with your comments on calling people names remember this one

All I can say is that Ex Ford Guy just said all the true facts about Ford and I have come to an opinion that you have to be completely stupid to own or buy a Ford!!!!!

Posted by: TNTGMC | Apr 7, 2018 6:56:40 AM

how about this you even called out your in-laws
lol....always goes back to ford outsold Chevy, yet u guys admit they were terrible motors... Just shows that loyalty runs deep

I've said this that my father in law, nephew, and brother in law would rather be towed home, then buy GM!!//shows how ignorant they can be....BTW...thats the wife's side of the family!

Glad your happy....only took them 10 years to catch GM with a proper diesel!

Posted by: TNTGMC | Apr 20, 2018 11:50:30 AM

It won't change in the next 41 years. Only people drinking real Kool-Aid think otherwise

@2.7

No it shows that there are a lot of really mindless people out there that buy trucks that get recalled ALOT!! Heck Ford still sold well when it had the 2 terrible engine from 97 to 2010....those 2 V8/s were jokes of motors.....4.6 and 5.4. Please total boat anchors!!

Posted by: TNTGMC | Apr 11, 2018 9:48:30 PM

i have a hard time comprehending anything you post if you're going to be this biased

Ford wasn’t last they did it on the Raptor sucka! Ram was for sure first though.

@ eating

I have absolutely no problem paying for my truck, or anything else I own!!!
As for me being biased, yes I have driven all of Fords engines in their f150s and non of them compare to my 6.2L. I have stated time and time again that my father has a 09 with 5.4L, step dad has 13 with 3.5L...neither of them can get over 18 with them. The 5.4L is gutless when accelerating! The 3.5L gets up and goes but sucks gas like a pig when towing or just going 75 or 80 down interstates to our lake house. My nephew has old 04 with 5.4L...cam phasers are out of it by 110k..his best friend got rid of 13 with 3.5L ecobbost and now has 14 with a 5.0L...nicer truck but he states he can't get any better than 18 with that!!!!
Fords whole propaganda on all this is that their ecoboosts are for power and efficiency!!!! They lie!! They never get it!

I just got back today and took my nephew for a ride today BC I went on a 2 hour trip to pick up my cow a slaughtered!! I averaged 22.7 mpg with a truck that has 420 HP and 460TQ....that is around 4 mpg better with 45 HP more than a 5.0L, 55 HP more than a 3.5L, and 110 HP than a 5.4L....all while riding in a smoother, quieter vehicle than any ford I have driven in!
Plus, the interiors of the Fords are FILLED with HARD, cheap plastic. My nephew even complemented that my truck is filled with soft touch materials!!!

I buy GM BC they are reliable, sure I had one that vibrated a little bit, I felt that a 50k vehicle shouldn't, GM bought it back...big deal....it never left me stranded on side of road. GM took care of me and threw in head rest DVDs and good token and you Ford guys get all upset about that!! I have a 98 Chevy that was my father's that I own now with 292K on it! It has never left him or I stranded since he bought it in 2002.

When I was growing up my father had a 77/ Ford and it had nothing but problems...constantly broke down! I saw him work 2 jobs to keep it in road and support or family...I don't like Fords!! He always told me to use my mind and get an education and I did and I don't struggle with any of that.

oh and if your wondering why my father went back to a Ford is BC he went to buy a Chevy in 2009 but no one at the dealership came out to help him...terrible sales and service. He spent 35 minutes looking at trucks and no one came out to help him. So he went down the road to Woodhouse Ford and found out his nephew was working their. He got him in a brand new 09 XLT with chrome package for $32k. He has liked this Ford a lot just like he did he 98 Chevy. Hr has said to me he would buy either...even though that old 77 gave him hard times.....me, not so much, I still have the imprint in my head, just the way I'm wired!!!

his best friend got rid of 13 with 3.5L ecobbost and now has 14 with a 5.0L...nicer truck but he states he can't get any better than 18... Posted by TNTGMC | Apr 21, 2018

Is the best friend's 2014 5.0L a 4x4? If it is, getting 18 is probably par for the course for a half ton V8 pickup with a lower gear package.

yes its 4 wheel drive and its the FX4 model, so its got either 3.55 or 3.73. My step dads ecoboost has 3.55s

@ TNT
again i apologize for saying you can't afford you truck it's none of my business i could care less

i'm not calling you biased for hating Ford and liking GM, the problem i got with you is you put all us Ford owners in a box and called us ignorant, mindless and stupid for owning Ford trucks that's what i mean by being biased

@ eating

Hey, its done and over with...accept apology. I apologize as well. Let's move on and have great conversations. Enjoy rest of your weekend. Its finally above 60 here in Midwest. Tired of all the snow!!! I can't wait for cabin season!!

You all just hate that Ecoboost exhaust because your always behind it with your slow V8'S