2019 Ram 2500/3500 Laramie Longhorn Ups Its Luxury Quotient

02-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-angle--exterior--front--white

The new 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 Laramie Longhorn heavy-duty pickup truck debuted at the 2019 Houston Auto Show. The Southwestern-themed trim level will feature leather seats, console and door materials, real wood trim and unique steel trim accents.

Related: A New Sport Package for 2019 Ram 2500/3500

The Laramie Longhorn exterior is distinguished by its chrome slat grille and surrounds, chrome accents on the LED headlights, chrome bumpers and tow hooks and chrome side steps (power optional). Additionally, a two-tone color option with a correlating RV Match Walnut Brown bumper, fender flares and lower panels will closely align with several popular recreational vehicle lines of fifth-wheel and gooseneck camper trailers.

Inside the Longhorn, the use of full-grained extends to the dashboard panels, door trim and armrests. Some of the leather looks more like roughened alligator skin with signature brushed-nickel metal badges flush with console and a Longhorn branding mark is crafted right into the upper glove box. Ambient night lighting accentuates the brown on brown or black with tan leather seating.

Pricing is not yet available for the top-of-the-line trim level for the newly upgraded Ram HD lineup, which offers an optional high-output Cummins diesel delivering 1,000 pounds-feet of torque. We guess this model might get close to the $100,000 mark — more than any other Ram HD.

New Ram HD models will arrive at dealerships by the second quarter; we'll have full pricing as we get closer to that on-sale date.

Cars.com photos by Christian Lantry

15-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-front-row--interior

16-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-interior--steering-wheel

17-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-dashboard--interior

18-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-center-console--interior

20-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-interior--second-row

04-ram-3500-longhorn-2019-angle--exterior--rear--white

Comments

Black Monday:

Interesting , despite the luxury. " Grey Nomads" primary buyers of US Pickups do not like the ride. As a result sales are extremely tiny in Pickup mad Australia. Conversion costs only make those potential sales even smaller

Not a fan at all of brown interior and wood trim. Yuck!

@Robert Ryan

How much does a tankful of diesel fuel cost in Australia these days?

I wonder why they put the new steering wheel in from the 1500, but kept the buttons from the 2018 model.

@Papajim
Cheaper than petrol how much xo not know

Beautiful.

TNTGMC
not a great fan of the Brown and beige Interiors they look cheap

five or six bucks a gallon I bet.

"Black Monday:

All over the country today EMS guys and cops are trying to persuade Ford dealers to come back in off the ledge."

-papajim

Because they're overwhelmed by record F-Series sales?
Ford actually redesigns their trucks every so often.

Black Monday:

Posted by: papajim | Jan 28, 2019 1:44:49 PM

Ford ain't worried about RAM, you're infatuated with FORD, I bet you fall asleep dreaming of Ford's demise.

RAM shoots themselves in foot, GM should be worried as their garbage Silverado is about to get kicked off the #2 spot.

Get over it papadim

the FAKE frank

Good thing nice looks and quality doesn't mean the same thing.

I usually like a nice two tone brown interior. But this is to much of the same shade of brown. I must say that I like the new GMC better than this one. Based on pictures only because I haven't seen either up close yet.

The new GMC's interior doesn't hold a candle to the Rams. I get it the brown is not for everyone but they do offer black and tan on the Longhorn and the Limited is down right gorgeous.

Posted by: Ron | Jan 28, 2019 6:53:22 PM

Until I saw them both in person, I thought the same, but when you get inside them, the GMC is just as nice as the Ram.

Well the color is not appealing. But nice truck.

Posted by: papajim

Nice try at deflection. Ford market share is solid.The shaky market share, the shrinking market share is GM.
The threat of RAM impacts GM far far greater than it does Ford

The threat of RAM impacts GM far far greater than it does Ford
Posted by: GM Blows Chunks | Jan 28, 2019

You might want to get your facts straight. GM outsold RAM almost 2x last year.

Then again, I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about. You all know this. I just like to blurt out idiotic statements. Love you all.

I was born with half a brain yet I am smarter then a genius.

You might want to get your facts straight. GM outsold RAM almost 2x last year.

Posted by: papajim | Jan 28, 2019 8:14:24 PM

The fact is market share and who sold the most is different things.
Trending market share is considered to be a reliable method of predicting the future. An example would be in 2017 Ram sold more full size trucks in one quarter than Chevrolet. And in 2018 Ram sold more full size trucks in two quarters than Chevrolet. This is a trend which allows that Ram will likely sell more full size trucks than Chevrolet in 2019.
And no I don't expect you to understand or except this, As a matter of fact I expect you will either ignore this or come back with something completely unrelated. Or just call me names.

Who am I to argue with your last two posts. That being said what I stated is true Ram is gaining in market share against Chevrolet .Yes GM which is a combination of 2 brands did strongly outsell Ram however you would have to have your head in the sand to not recognize or acknowledge the gains that Ram has been making against the brand Chevrolet.
Where would someone go to find this brand called GM? Many of us have heard of Chevrolet, many of us have heard of GMC. Those dealerships can be located.
Where is the dealership called GM?
I have scoured the Internet I can find website for GMC, I can find a website for Chevrolet. Unable to find a pick up truck branded as GM.

What is the number one brand of HD pick up truck?
What is the number two brand of HD pick up truck? What is the number three brand of HD pick up truck? What is the number four brand of HD pick up truck?
Let's see if you can be intellectually honest for a change and not go to diversions or subterfuge.

Or just call me names.
Posted by: Just the truth | Jan 28, 2019 8:50:45 PM

@JTT

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. Using my name you posted the tree previous comments. Phony

Posted by: papajim | Jan 28, 2019 9:16:28 PM

See you can't resist you called me a phony.
I can assure you I would never write anything and sign papajim.

I would never want anyone to confuse me with you.

I would never want anyone to confuse me with you.
Posted by: Just the truth | Jan 28, 2019

Except maybe for the dozens of times you did just that.

papajim is all over in the commentfield with 10 rubbish comments. Can´t the Admin put a lock or something to this living virus? Posted by: CGiron | Jan 29, 2019

Unfortunately the system cannot easily distinguish the legitimate comments I've posted from the inane comments of several posters whose goal is to mess up the system. I appreciate your patience and your frustration.

i work in an EMS system. we just purchased 19 Ram 2500 gas models. not a bad fleet vehicle, but no quality. rattles/squeaks/CE lights on most/electronic issues galore/ but they were cheap!

I would never want anyone to confuse me with you.
Posted by: Just the truth | Jan 28, 2019

Except maybe for the dozens of times you did just that.

Posted by: papajim | Jan 29, 2019 2:08:05 AM

At this point I think you papajim are doing all the posting as papajim in a grab for attention.

Go get some toilet paper and wipe your mouth, lyin' fool

@papajim

This is delusional and has brainwashed himself into thinking he is the real papajim.

Posted by: Sean | Jan 28, 2019 7:11:24 PM

@ Sean

Thanks for sharing, I have stated the same thing. The new interior is better in person than people think. I truly like the simplicity, accompanied by the soft touch materials. You truly have to sit in it to enjoy it.

BTW. My best friend just leased a new Ram for a great tax right off on his business. I will have a true understanding and review on how well it treats him in the next 2 years. And, already its had its first recall! It is a sharp looking truck in person, but not as muscular has it has looked in the past. More athletic looking.

PickUp Trucks is my favourite truck

Fiat is closing in on taking that #2 spot from chevy.

Now I'm really upset. I am not crying out for attention! I might be lonely and horny but I'm not that desperate!

Fiat is closing in on taking that #2 spot from chevy

@Clint

Correction: Chevy is a brand. Fiat is a giant global corporation. Fiat owns RAM. GM outsells RAM in the U.S. two to one.

Any questions?

Posted by: the FAKE papajim | Jan 29, 2019 9:34:42 AM

More of the fake papa fool

Posted by: the FAKE papajim | Jan 29, 2019 9:34:42 AM

More of the fake papa fool

"Look, GM has always, and always will be the best built, best selling trucks on the planet. No one can refute this period.
Posted by: papajim | Jan 29, 2019 9:34:42 AM"

Nobody here should take what this poor confused guy has to say as truth, seriously he doesn't know any better.

Gm and ALL its pickup truck product played second fiddle to Ford pickup truck sales from 2011-2014. Just a fact. Albeit one that gm shills don't like but nonetheless.....

@fullsize

that was a fake papa post. Not that I disagree much but I'm a bit more sophisticated than that particular clown. FYI

Here is a FACT.

Only at a Chevy Dealership can you buy a full size truck with a 4cyl that gets less MPG than one with a V8 or you could buy one with a V8 that makes less power than a competitor's V6.

You've been enlightened... again.

GM HD’s are great for the weekend warrior. Under continuous heavy use, the Duramax struggles. The v block architecture, though sporty, is not well suited for heavy lifting. Regardless of stated peak torque levels, you have to wind them out to move heavy loads. They can run up to 1,000 rpms higher than an equivalently set up Ram-Cummins.

I find it funny GM states their customers were not interested in more than 910 ft lbs of torque. Is that the case? Or is it that the engine cannot get to 1,000 ft lbs and be warrantable? The Duramax has the shortest stroke of all the HD diesels. It’s a HP oriented power plant.

Not surprised they jumped to a 10 spd auto. Smart move. Keep the rpms down and reduce how often you need to wind them out.

My level of sophistication is above and beyond the average drivel posted on this site. You all should feel blessed to have my level of superior intellect on this site to help elevate you all.

@papajim,

Lets get real here for a minute. You, papajim are far from sophisticated. Please go back and read the last few years of your posts and re-evaluate your statement.

Yeah papajim. You're a babbling idoit that likes to think he's smart. I think we can all agree...

Lets get real here for a minute.

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Jan 29, 2019 1:18:30 PM

Why don't you, fake GMSRGREAT.

Posted by: papajim | Jan 29, 2019 1:16:17 PM

@papajim,

Posted by: GMSRGREAT | Jan 29, 2019 1:18:30 PM

Posted by: Clint | Jan 29, 2019 1:19:45 PM

Check-out the date/time stamps on these posts and then tell me they aren't all written by the same clown. Does anybody know where JTT was early this afternoon?

What's up poopoojim?